• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Wanted: "Olive" for Andale font

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

welly2

Reaction score
I suspect I'll be lucky but going to ask anyway! I need one of these - as shown in the picture - actually the insert/pip/olive that sits in the beer line, as one of the ones I had seems to have made a bid for freedom and I can no longer find it. I'm sure I could pick one up from the Andale shop in Alexandria but it's difficult getting there when it's open. Thanks in advance!

13458701_1777079519171699_8991438514052001911_o.jpg

welly2 said:
I suspect I'll be lucky but going to ask anyway! I need one of these - as shown in the picture - actually the insert/pip/olive that sits in the beer line, as one of the ones I had seems to have made a bid for freedom and I can no longer find it. I'm sure I could pick one up from the Andale shop in Alexandria but it's difficult getting there when it's open. Thanks in advance!

attachicon.gif
13458701_1777079519171699_8991438514052001911_o.jpg
If you are lucky enough to know what the font is by name they should be able to send you out some parts by post.

I have an Andale font i fixed up and i managed to get the tap seal/spring kits and the font seals/all the parts to fix it up properly posted to me, i had to describe the parts i wanted to get because they didn't have them listed on the website etc or as replacement parts. They were very helpful

Kono said:
If you are lucky enough to know what the font is by name they should be able to send you out some parts by post.

I have an Andale font i fixed up and i managed to get the tap seal/spring kits and the font seals/all the parts to fix it up properly posted to me, i had to describe the parts i wanted to get because they didn't have them listed on the website etc or as replacement parts. They were very helpful
Luckier than that, the wanderer returned. I found him nestled among a load of junk. He didn't get far. All good now!

welly2 said:
Luckier than that, the wanderer returned. I found him nestled among a load of junk. He didn't get far. All good now!
Good to hear, very lucky indeed!

Are these:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Wizards-of-NOS-WoN-nitrous-oxide-systems-10x-5mm-compression-fitting-olive-/151802241919?hash=item23581e637f:m:mV1o_lwJLFJPr4QVm67JB5A

able to be used for the purpose (I scored an Andale flooded four tap font that was being thrown out, caveat being it has no olives but the compression fitting still there)?

I have emailed Andale but no reply, I found a 4mm coupler nut and olive package at Brewmart but they want $10 each, I will get them if it comes to it (really $40 for a font+more valpar tubing is a steal) but hopefully someone that has experience in such matters can offer their wisdom.

Hey Judanero, I don't think it will unfortunately as they seal a bit differently. I have gotten a few things from Andale and if you call them with a part number you want they are very accommodating.

Dae Tripper said:
Hey Judanero, I don't think it will unfortunately as they seal a bit differently. I have gotten a few things from Andale and if you call them with a part number you want they are very accommodating.
Problem being I don't know the part no., might be worth a call anyway tomorrow to see if they can help.

Judanero said:
Are these:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Wizards-of-NOS-WoN-nitrous-oxide-systems-10x-5mm-compression-fitting-olive-/151802241919?hash=item23581e637f:m:mV1o_lwJLFJPr4QVm67JB5A

able to be used for the purpose (I scored an Andale flooded four tap font that was being thrown out, caveat being it has no olives but the compression fitting still there)?

I have emailed Andale but no reply, I found a 4mm coupler nut and olive package at Brewmart but they want $10 each, I will get them if it comes to it (really $40 for a font+more valpar tubing is a steal) but hopefully someone that has experience in such matters can offer their wisdom.
Hi Judanero

I can send you the olives you are looking for. You just need to tell me the ID of the riser line. It will be either 4mm or 5mm if it is Andale equipment. Andale founts use internal stainless steel olives.
First post here, so as a random act of kindness I will send you 4 for nothing.
Are you able to PM a mailing address?

Back