• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Wanted Immersion Element

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kleiny

There is no Charge for Awesomeness
Reaction score
If you have an immersion and want to sell it put a pic and a price here

after brewing at rooks on the weekend and having a immersion element which cut down my heating time ive decided i need one!!!

Thanks Kleiny

Kleiny

Grain and Grape have a 20% off sale at the moment.
Maybe a good deal to be had there for a new one.

Reg

Yep might be th reg

thanks

Hey Kleiny
Long time no see!
Hotco in Cheltnam are the go. I'm on my second one and have always found them very easy to deal with. I've been using a 2400 watt jobie in conjunction with a three ring burner, and things happen pretty quickly on brew day. My first one got water into the wiring thanks to steam from the boil, and there was a pretty impressive light and smoke show that brew day! Now I make sure the handle is sheilded from the heat of the burner and away from any steam or moisture. I never clean the element either. Just let the crud from one brew drop off in the hlt for the next! If your struggling to make it to Cheltnam I can pick one up for you and arrange a meeting!
Cheers
Juddy

klieny have you thought about just puttin a kettle element into your hlt ? or do you want it for your boiler as well ?

Leigh your just trying to cause some stink :lol: but i have checked out hotco and will give them a call tomorrow re:$$$$

Barra i heard you talk about a kettle element at the swap but the ability to shift between vessels may outway an element in each (but it is still an optio)
post a pic of your setup if you have time

kleiny

Yep 2 kettle elements will do the trick, but then you need to buy two thermostats, so i dont think it will be a saver, unless you can get the thermostats real cheap.

Yep 2 kettle elements will do the trick, but then you need to buy two thermostats, so i dont think it will be a saver, unless you can get the thermostats real cheap.

I plan on having a thermostat on one element only, the other can then be at full or zero power. This way you can have zero power right up to both elements on full, depending on which element(s) are switched on and the thermostat setting.

I plan on having a thermostat on one element only, the other can then be at full or zero power. This way you can have zero power right up to both elements on full, depending on which element(s) are switched on and the thermostat setting.

Left my brain at home today, of course you can have 1 thermostat, for the two elements, the G&G one is a plug board so you dont need to hard wire it to the element, just plug em in and out as required. I guess Raven, you intend to use an element for boiling the wort if you only need on/off.
I use the element for mash strike (around 76-79) & then the sparge water (at 80-82), boil the wort on gas.

FatherJack, I must admit the idea of a portable immersion heater for decoctions, quickly heating eatra sparging water & step mashes certainly make it a VERY handy tool in the brewery. I dare say I shall be investing in one myself at some stage. I know my father has an old 'home made' one that was made many years ago - no electrical certificate to authenticate its appropriateness though! :lol:

Yes, just using elements for the kettle at this stage, the urn is ok at this stage with its own element. My brewing mate is keen to use an element in the mash tun, but I am thinking at this stage to stick with getting the rest of our system working first, then worry about step mashed later.

If you have an immersion and want to sell it put a pic and a price here

after brewing at rooks on the weekend and having a immersion element which cut down my heating time ive decided i need one!!!

Thanks Kleiny

Kleiny, I also know Cortez uses one he purchased for around the $100 mark if I recall correctly. See linky...

http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/inde...ectric&st=0

In addition, I have recently spoke with Stokes & other suppliers, (no affiliation) and Stokes quoted me $100 for their portable 2400K element - no termostat though, just on and off on this one as I understand.

If no luck is found sourcing a second hand one, the above may be an option - also you would get a warranty & support I assume if you have any problems.

Beers!

Yep Raven not too many offers of a second hand one so i will be chaseing a new one within the next few weeks

Back