• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Wanted - AG Brewing Equipment in Brisbane?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jason_brews_beer

Reaction score
Anyone wanting to get rid of any AG brew stuff in Brisbane. Currently I don't have anything except a FV, hydrometer and bits and bobs from a kit I got.

But now looking for the rest.

About a 50-60L boil kettle is the capacity i'm aiming for so i can do double batches.

Would love to put some equipment not being used back to good use. At a good price of course!!

GO!!

Mate, just a suggestion, look for at least 70L for your kettle for double batches. Saves you from the likelyhood of boil overs.

Sully said:
Mate, just a suggestion, look for at least 70L for your kettle for double batches. Saves you from the likelyhood of boil overs.
+1,
I have a 60lt would be great to have the extra headspace as I always have to watch it like a hawk when coming to the boil and spray like crazy with the water sprayer to control the foam during the break.

Sully said:
I've tried double batches a couple of times in a 50l keggle, it just doesn't work, you could probably get away with a 60l pot but as suggested just get a 70l pot off the bat.

Cheers guys

Have PM people that PM me.

I think 70L is a goer than. What size do you suggest the HLT in that case?? Would i be wrong in going as small as a 40L HLT. I'm seriously looking at the rubbermaid 38L cooler for a mash tun... Would i have to go bigger at all?

Jason_brews_beer said:
I think 70L is a goer than. What size do you suggest the HLT in that case?? Would i be wrong in going as small as a 40L HLT. I'm seriously looking at the rubbermaid 38L cooler for a mash tun... Would i have to go bigger at all?
I can easily do double batches on my system which is 40L HLT, 50L Keggle mash tun, 70L Kettle. I run a HERMS and recently been doing 4L / kg mash ratio and I fit a good 10kg at that. Can easily do more kgs if you do a thicker mash.

40L is fine provided you're not trying to do a 30min mash (ie, plenty of time to heat sparge water after mash in)

Parks said:
I can easily do double batches on my system which is 40L HLT, 50L Keggle mash tun, 70L Kettle. I run a HERMS and recently been doing 4L / kg mash ratio and I fit a good 10kg at that. Can easily do more kgs if you do a thicker mash.

40L is fine provided you're not trying to do a 30min mash (ie, plenty of time to heat sparge water after mash in)
Why wouldnt i be able to do a 30min mash?? I'm a bit of a noob!!

Hi Guys,

I have a mate that used a rectangular esky as Mash tun. made the false bottom, fly sparge arrangement etc. First brew all went well until time to remove the false floor.

OOPS the sides had come in with the mash heat, and stayed there.

Rule 1. Use quality gear, even if it's 2nd hand. I do 50-65L batches and use an old hot water system for my Mash Tun. They are cheap and already insulated.

Guys at BABBS probably have gear they don't need anymore, give them a try

Beers,

Pete.

Why wouldnt i be able to do a 30min mash?? I'm a bit of a noob!!

Basically it's just the time to heat your sparge water from cold. If you have 40L in the HLT and need 40L in the mash then it's empty at the start of the mash.

It takes somewhere between 45min and an hour to get to 75-80 degrees using a Cown urn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

peter.b said:
Rule 1. Use quality gear, even if it's 2nd hand. I do 50-65L batches and use an old hot water system for my Mash Tun. They are cheap and already insulated.

Guys at BABBS probably have gear they don't need anymore, give them a try
Hi Pete,

Can you elaborate on the hot water system please. I'm assuming you mean like a 'Solarhart'?!?

And what is BABBS?

Cheers,

Jason

Latest posts

Back