• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Wanted.. 9ltr Corny Keg

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clean brewer

Obsessed Home Brewer
Reaction score
Hello all,

Just a small call out to anyone that may have a 9ltr Corny or SS(party) keg that may be surplus(if there is such a thing) to there needs for a reasonable price..

I dont really want to buy a Brand new one for $175(can buy 3 x 19ltr ones for that price), if no-one is able to assist thats cool.. Ill just have to put it on my wish list..

Cheers

(will pay postage)

Find someone who can weld...

Get one cut down to size and welded up, then with the left over you can probably afford to buy another 19 for regular use!!

Cheers

Robbo

Good call butters should have added that...

Cheers

Robbo

I can't see you getting one cheap anywhere,I sold one ages ago for $130.00

Batz

hens teeth.....want one myself, but it's not going to happen.

I've got 5 ! :lol: :lol:

They were quite cheap to import once,I did have 12 of the buggers

Batz

Here you go. These bad boys were sitting at the top of Lan Kwai Fong when I was in Hong Kong earlier this year...

gallery_2743_244_972628.jpg

A long as it's someone that is familiar with SS pressure vessels, and not just Uncle Frank who welds for a hobby. ;)

& someone with extremely small arms so they can get right into the inside of the vessel to spend the no doubt countless hours cleaning the inside of the welds so it doesn't infect every beer you put in it for the rest of it's life ............. :unsure:

People suggest cutting & modifying kegs down to size all the time.........there's a bloody good reason no-one does it....

& someone with extremely small arms so they can get right into the inside of the vessel to spend the no doubt countless hours cleaning the inside of the welds so it doesn't infect every beer you put in it for the rest of it's life ............. :unsure:

People suggest cutting & modifying kegs down to size all the time.........there's a bloody good reason no-one does it....

surely the Chinese have trained a team of 4 year old to weld stainless by now ! :rolleyes:

Here you go. These bad boys were sitting at the top of Lan Kwai Fong when I was in Hong Kong earlier this year...

gallery_2743_244_972628.jpg

Lan Kwai Fong here I come....

Nah, everything smaller has to be always dearer, place on Ebay selling them for $163 delivered(brand new) and New 19ltr Keg for $158 delivered(brand new).. $5 difference.. :huh:

May just have to make one with Garden sprayer..

Thats what apprentices are for. :lol:

Grain and Grape have a 20% off sale on at the moment so you might get one a little cheaper than the $163 delivered quote that you have received. There wouldn't be too much in it though.

www.grainandgrape.com.au
(03) 9687 0061

Saw brand new Italian ones at Westbrew in Perth for $145. And thats without any discounts.

Showed SWMBO and she thought they'd be great for parties and stuff. Said she might think about one for me for xmas. I reckon she's just just building up to shoot me down in flames. <_<

gary

mate come one face it, your a homebrewer and likely to drink more than 9L of beer if you take it somewhere. just lug around a 19L cornie!

seriously the garden sprayer is the better/cheaper option. I think G&G were running another 'how to build' workshop soon. do a search and there should be the insturctiomns on what you need to build it and how to do it somewhere on AHB. I think in gear and equipment or in retailer. The thread poped its head up not long ago so it should be recent.

Not trying to blow wind up your know what Wayne but if the air could be purged inside whilst welding on the outside would that not work :unsure: I know it would be a lot of gas that would be used to purge an area that size. But if someone is that keen......... and its not there gas........... and its a one off project.

BYB

That's just going to stop oxidisation of the back of the weld, it's not going to guarantee a nice clean smooth surface that won't harbour debris. The inside of kegs are nice and smooth :) As soon as there is a rough surface, it's harder to clean. Marry that up with having to make sure that it can stand at least 130-150 PSI..........pretty tricky welding. I know the kegs are purge welded originally - but they're either welded by machine or by someone with a steadier hand than anyone I've ever met...........

I bought new one (imported from Italy) for $125 from these guys http://www.winequip.com.au on their last day in their Coburg premises before moving. They may have some more, but at what price I wouldn't know.

I bought new one (imported from Italy) for $125 from these guys http://www.winequip.com.au on their last day in their Coburg premises before moving. They may have some more, but at what price I wouldn't know.

I bought three during this sale myself . Someone here noted it . I got two for two other blokes that brew and keg without asking them and got no quarms from them with the great price. wouldn't be with out one now.

Back