Waiter There's Fly In My..........

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have seen the grub infected tomato's they use for sauce...... mmmmm

I only use home made sauce, made with whole fresh ingredients. and enough chilli in them to kill anything but me :)

Yeah I have got a kitchen bench covered in tomatoes that I will make into spicy relish tommorow. Have a jar of Habenero powder I made a couple of years ago to give it some kick.

Yeah I have got a kitchen bench covered in tomatoes that I will make into spicy relish tommorow. Have a jar of Habenero powder I made a couple of years ago to give it some kick.

How do you make your own Habenero powder? Does it hold up over time or lose its flavor slowly?

I make chili myself and use Serrano peppers. They're not as hot as Habeneros but I can use more of them and get more of the basic "green" pepper flavor along with them that way.

I might want to make some powdered Serranos. I have mine frozen for now. The previous year's chili peppers (not sure which variety) are dried and I use them to add a bit more spice sometimes to my chili.

Don

Just racked from Primary > Secondary and what's that I spy in they yeast cake, hmm, I'm sure that wasn't in the cube or the Fermenter beforehand. A small by Sydney standards cockroach.

*******! How did that get in there? Was in a sealed 25L Pail style fermenter with an Airlock.

It either went down the airlock or teleported straight in there. It definitely wasn't in cube/fermenter, those get thoroughly rinsed and sanitised prior to filling.

I didn't dwell on it, just washed the bugger down the sink before anyone else saw. I'm figuring it'll be OK, a few extra proteins though I didn't get any extra points on the brew which I could have used since I missed my targets (1048/1009)

FWIW it was a Moorhouse's Pendle Witches Brew clone.

Code:
23 litres	 

Pale Malt (Halcyon)					3800g

Black Malt (for a little colour)	10g

Crystal Malt							   380g

Torrified Wheat						  240g	  4420g grain total

Fuggles (60 min)				56g

Fuggles (tea - cube)			11g

Wyeast 1098 (Britsh Ale)

1044/1012, 4.3% ABV

12 days in primary. It's a witchin bitchin bug brew all right. Anyone else brewed any bugs lately?

Back