Wa State Competition

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wcbprez

Reaction score
The WA AABA delegates have decided to go ahead with a WA state comp on Sept 16th.

Details about the event will be distributed soon, but get your beers ready.

The WA AABA delegates have decided to go ahead with a WA state comp on Sept 16th.

Details about the event will be distributed soon, but get your beers ready.

Hurrah!

Same date as SABSOSA unfortunately, otherwise I'd offer my humble services for the day.

Good to see you Sandgropers getting off your butts. It is pity we won't see Ashers (both of them) beers here this year though.

cheers

Darren

So please correct me .This is not the Perth Royal beer show?What guidlines are we using BJCP.What does a place in this comp make you eligable to enter.Nice to tell us about it but if its in September you need to get the info out ASAP.

> So please correct me .This is not the Perth Royal beer show?

No.

> What guidlines are we using BJCP

No. most probably AABC style guidelines?

EDIT: the AABC Guidelines are based on BJCP!

but it has thinks like Aussie Pale Ale which i'm pretty sure isn't in the BJCP

> What does a place in this comp make you eligable to enter.

AABC.

> Nice to tell us about it but if its in September you need to get the info out ASAP.

mash a wheat or an english mild and they will be ready in no time!

Rob.

This will be my first appearance in a WA beer comp... how exciting!

I offer my services as an steward/assistant/apprentice if any help is needed on the 16th.

Where is the judging going to take place?

State Home Brew Competition of WA - Official Entry Form
Thanks Rob, you beat me to it!
I think you may be "volunteered" into holding some sort of position in the WCB next year if you keep that up :eek:

Notification is a bit late for me unfortunately to enter.As it is im hard pressed for the anawbs but will make it just.

Cheers
Big D

thanks guys, will sent my bottles to roy this weekend!!
wish everybody succes. :beer:

thanks guys, will sent my bottles to roy this weekend!!
wish everybody succes. :beer:

Thanks for that.

Just a reminder to everyone to have their entries in by Monday Sept 10.

Looking forward to a great comp!

Competition Noob Question

Where do the results or feedback for such competitions get posted/sent - are they viewable anywhere.

Cheer

RM

Competition Noob Question

Where do the results or feedback for such competitions get posted/sent - are they viewable anywhere.

Cheer

RM

Give us 5 minutes for a breather:) we only finished judging this afternoon!

Please give us a few days to digest the results

The Chief Steward

The chief steward had a huge day, having to ensure that 89 entries were served in the right order, at the right temperature, to the right judges, with the right anonymous entry number attached. Having only two panels of judges also meant each panel had to work through a huge number of beers, while giving each the consideration it deserved.

I would encourage people to get involved with helping out next year, and make this a great comp.

PS It will take a while to get the results sorted. I spent the day pretending to enter the results in the spreadsheet, to avoid doing any real work. But in reality I was just playing solitaire.

Roger

Generally , unless there is some sort of formal presentation (which for this comp there may be?) results in spreadsheet/short form will usually be posted on the web or forums like this in the week following the comp. You may also recieve them via email if they can read your entry form...

For actual feedback on your beers you will receive the original judging score sheets in the mail/scanned & emailed which will hopefully explain the result. This part can take a while...

maybe brendon knows something we don't ;) like the results?

Back