WA/Perth-based fisher people's advice needed

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lecterfan

Yeast, unleashed in the East...
Reaction score
Gday,

due to the ridiculous price of luggage, I am headed over to WA for a few weeks soon and will only take my reels (well, I'll take a few clothes probably also). The plan is to pick up some rods in Cash Converters while I'm there and leave them over there at my rello's place.

Simple question for those who might be able to help: will Perth based (probably around Spearwood/Freo general area) Cash Converters have a decent selection of 9 -14ft rods? I'm staying in that area for a night or two and then headed South and don't want to stop at Bunbury or BCF, more than happy to use second hand sticks.

Cheers.

Most Cashies have a decent selection of rods. However, if you don't want to buy them while you're over here, I have a decent 10 foot beach rod and an old 8 foot ugly stick that you are welcome to borrow. They were both free, so if they accidentally get mangled, I'm not gonna cry.

Cheers.

Cashie's have rods, but the prices don't ever seem any better than the tackle stores.

You'd probably be better off going in to BCF or one of the local tackle stores and picking something up there.

The fishing gear I have seen at Crime Converters is usually way over priced for the shitty condition it is usually in.

As mentioned, go to BCF or the like or even Kmart/Big W.

Like everyone as said, hit Big W or Kmart. WA Salvage used to be great for fishing gear.

Avoid crack converters, their prices are much the same as new, even more expensive in some cases.

Latest posts

Back