Wa Craft Beer Showcase

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was very dissappointed, no special batches brewed for the occasion (may not be the brewerys fault, lack of notice??), nothing out of the ordinary really. Typical West Aussie event I suppose. I don't want to be all negative so highlights were LC Big DIPA, Mash Rye ESB, Iron Bark's Bock and Brew42's English IPA. Would have been nice to have feral there.

I went on Sat early session,
I certianly was not over crowded,
I thought on average the beers were pretty boring, I was expecting a few special showcase type beers, but alas there was plenty of pils and "pale ale's"instead. Good on MASH for putting some interesting beers on tap.
Iwas also surprised at how litle effor tthe exhibitors were putting inot getting people to try thier products,
Pity feral were not there, no sure that gage, occys , JS and MAtilda stayed away

Your right, not much experiementation. But the quality of beer was pretty good. Gotta walk before you run I suppose. Clean, well brewed beers. Some outstanding lagers and hefes..... Was disappointed Monk didnt send any of their really good beers (Chief, Rauch etc). And $18 for a takeaway plate of Paella?????

I think it was definitely a step in the right direction of craft beer events in Perth.

Back