Wa Craft Beer Showcase

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I plan on being their on the Friday night to sample what out great state has on offer.

what time friday dont get to drunk mate we have a big day on sat

Do not fear spoonta I will be tucked up in bed fairly sober resting for a massive Saturday. Just going along to dample rather than to get hammered.

yeh cant wait to try some Occy's

Interesting that no Feral, Gage roads

I am heading to the early shift tomorrow

Just on the train on the way in after work. Looking forward to some decent beer after a long day.

Well overall a really good night with the other half. Tried a few beers I havent had the chance to try and a few favourites. The highlight of the night was the LC Big Dippa, hand pumped that had been barrel fermented and dry hopped with Citra :icon_drool2: . Even traded in 4 of my coupons for a full glass it was that good. Also quizzed a few brewers who where more than happy to share information with a keen home brewer. Looks like tomorrows sessions will be good for those venturing down but there where a few empty stalls there tonight...mainly Occys. Also more than a few couldnt get the beer to poor without 3/4 of a cup of foam.

Also for those heading down take the time to look at the veggies and fruit they have growing in the planter beds as it was a nice change of atmosphere relaxing on the seats.

Well overall a really good night with the other half. Tried a few beers I havent had the chance to try and a few favourites. The highlight of the night was the LC Big Dippa, hand pumped that had been barrel fermented and dry hopped with Citra :icon_drool2: . Even traded in 4 of my coupons for a full glass it was that good. Also quizzed a few brewers who where more than happy to share information with a keen home brewer. Looks like tomorrows sessions will be good for those venturing down but there where a few empty stalls there tonight...mainly Occys. Also more than a few couldnt get the beer to poor without 3/4 of a cup of foam.

Also for those heading down take the time to look at the veggies and fruit they have growing in the planter beds as it was a nice change of atmosphere relaxing on the seats.

did you fond out what hops the cowarump guys grow on site? if there is amarillo might do a midnite spares run

is it sad that i have drunk most of the beers from the breweries on offer and find only one from each drinkable?

i would think with teh bushfires down my way a few of the brewers would be worried about there lively hood going up in flames.

either way i dont mind. its my first craft beer show case in WA and i am really looking forward to it! Hey Duke if your still up, cant wait for tomorrow bro

I think if anything they where sick of people asking about the fires. A few where just looking uninterested cause its all about the BEEEER!

I might go tonight it opens at 5pm? and there are tickets available at the door?

Yeah mate there is a booth just near the gate. Its in the gardens opposite the Art Gallery.

well that was a great night, location was great. Roof top garden in the city with plenty good beer and brewers.
Next year it should be even better apparently.

Was really good!! Highlights for me were all the beers by Last Drop and Mash. Really good beers being turned out by Billabong and Old Coast Road were a nice surprise. Only disappointing thing was the lack of people there. But then again at $30 a ticket the average passer by wouldn't be persauded to enter. Would have been better if it wasn't a "ticketed" event, and you could just turn up for a few samples.

Enjoyed the very generous "100ml" pours.

I went on Sat early session,
I certianly was not over crowded,
I thought on average the beers were pretty boring, I was expecting a few special showcase type beers, but alas there was plenty of pils and "pale ale's"instead. Good on MASH for putting some interesting beers on tap.
Iwas also surprised at how litle effor tthe exhibitors were putting inot getting people to try thier products,
Pity feral were not there, no sure that gage, occys , JS and MAtilda stayed away

Latest posts

Back