Wa Amatuer Brewers Association

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vlad the Pale Aler

Cereal Killer
Reaction score
Just found a document on google that mentions this group.
Apparantly they recieved $2200 in 2001/2 from the Southwest Developement Committee to stage an Oktoberfest and brewing championships.
Does anyone know anything about it?

linkerino

Never heard of it Vlad, but it certainly gives me an idea.....

I'm on the case Vlad. I'm orginally from that region, and the olds know a lot of the council people and that. I'll see what I can dig up :)

Good Day
This jogged the memory. In the Ausbeer issue 22 there is a report re WA 2000 Amateur Brewing Championship at Hervey Agricultural Show 20-21 October 2000. This was the fourth championship. West Coast Brewers Club won most of the prizes. The most successful brewer was Henry Zubrowski. Alan Staton was mentioned. Other names mentioned in this article and a previous article about the the first championship are; John Manwaring, Owen Anderton, Edward Rzepczynski, Dean Walker, Rueben Filsell.
If you know these blokes you might be able to find out about what happen re the association.

Thanks for the info.
There are a few familiar names in there, I will bring it up at the WCB on Monday.

Ian

Henry Z, John M & Dean W are all current WCBrewers Members. Rueben was up untill last year. I think he took a years sebatical to scheme up a brewery somewhere (he likes to keep things close to his chest)...

edit: oh yeah. I'm pretty sure it died when they stoped beer judging at the harvey show.

Asher for now

Back