Viennale?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are a few Vienna malts around, some reasonbly different, so when talking about Vienna Malt I think people should be mentioning which one they used.
The JWM one will give a considerably different result then the Weyermann one Bribie linked to in his first post, many malts being called Vienna would be suitable for 100% whilst some maybe not. There is also other Vienna malts available in Australia imported from both Bestmalz and Globalmalt, you would expect those products to be closer to the Weyermann then the JWM. That is at least how I remember JWM Vienna, it went by the name of Wendouree gold for a period, not sure if this is the same product now.

There was one available long ago from Hoefner which was great for using at 100%, not sure whatever happened to that company.

Weyerman for my vote.

You're right - different beast to JW. I'm not sold on the JW vienna at all.

There are a few Vienna malts around, some reasonbly different, so when talking about Vienna Malt I think people should be mentioning which one they used.
The JWM one will give a considerably different result then the Weyermann one Bribie linked to in his first post, many malts being called Vienna would be suitable for 100% whilst some maybe not. There is also other Vienna malts available in Australia imported from both Bestmalz and Globalmalt, you would expect those products to be closer to the Weyermann then the JWM. That is at least how I remember JWM Vienna, it went by the name of Wendouree gold for a period, not sure if this is the same product now.

There was one available long ago from Hoefner which was great for using at 100%, not sure whatever happened to that company.

Hoepfner and Bestmalz are one and the same - simply marketed under a different name from that of the Hoepfner Brewery in Karlsruhe.

Wes

Bribie, How did this turn out?

It's currently in CC and kegging tomorrow, I'll have a sneaky on kegging.

Back