Video Games

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can anyone tell me if Battlefield 2 is worth getting for the singleplayer campaign only? Not an online player here.

cheers

Browndog

BF3 Single player just isn't there. MW2 (haven't played MW3 yet) was more immersive. However BF3 multiplayer is better than MW multiplayer.

I wouldn't bother buying MW3 either, just dedicate 10 hours on a weekend to it and you can rent and complete it.

Quick update. BF3 on PS3 is just awesome. Been playing with mates (4 person aside) and with folks I've never met before, its been killer fun. Got a headset too, so can talk to other folks - makes the experience pretty amazing.

Extremely immersive, tense and gripping.

Just bought BF3 for PS3... looking forward to it.

Just dont let your psycho missus play ...

Last edited by a moderator:
Can anyone tell me if Battlefield 2 is worth getting for the singleplayer campaign only? Not an online player here.

cheers

Browndog

it's not bad i have been playing of late SP mode (online as well ) good fun when having a beer or 2

if you dont have the latest computer hardware (which i dont) but i run it via my HTPC and big screen TV

it's a fun alternate and can be gotten for around $20 off ebay new or less off the webs

mine does seem to have an issue with crashing to desktop on WIN 7 sometimes online but i am using a NO-cd crack and that might be an issue ?

it's not bad i have been playing of late SP mode (online as well ) good fun when having a beer or 2

if you dont have the latest computer hardware (which i dont) but i run it via my HTPC and big screen TV

it's a fun alternate and can be gotten for around $20 off ebay new or less off the webs

mine does seem to have an issue with crashing to desktop on WIN 7 sometimes online but i am using a NO-cd crack and that might be an issue ?

Scored Battlefield2 and Wolfenstein for Xbox 360 for $20 each from the JB bargain bin. Yet to take a look a them, too busy ATM.

I've got both BF3 and MW3 and decided that MW3 is for me. Faster paced action for mine in the PS3. My handle [AHB]Argon5000

started playing final fantasy 13. i think i have finished the first Assassins creed....

You think? The game tell you, man.

Feck me... i'm getting hammered in MW3! Don't know what's going on.

I used to consistently get a +1 or greater K/D in Black OPs, but now i have trouble getting above 0.5. Getting frustrated by this shit.

I had the same issue when I first jumped across to MW3. I think it's an issue of the maps being very cluttered with debris and also grey is a common colour so everything tends to blend.

It's taken me a while but these days I have gotten it back up to over 1.0 again.

I had the same issue when I first jumped across to MW3. I think it's an issue of the maps being very cluttered with debris and also grey is a common colour so everything tends to blend.

It's taken me a while but these days I have gotten it back up to over 1.0 again.

Good to know. I don't play a whole heap... maybe an hour every few days, so getting to know the maps and the appropriate spots is taking some time. Can't see my all time K/D getting over 1.0 in a hurry with the way it is at the moment.

Edit: still fun though

Anyone playing Skyrim?

I'm waiting for the PS3 bugs to be fixed (and maybe GOTY edition).

I've racked up hours on MW3 already and these days I know the maps, spawn points, locations for Drop Zone etc etc.

Jumped on BF3 online for the first time the other day and got my arse handed to me epically, need to learn to adapt my play style.

im a PC gamer.

love skyrim. racked over 100 hours on it so far, and probs not even half way through it as i'm doing side quests and exploring etc. have to wait till im not with the missus to play it tho...

not too keen on MW3 as all CODs seem to be way to simlar and over-hyped. i have owned every other COD.

BF3 on the other hand is epic! cant get enough of it. to people used to the modern warfares it would be weird cause its totally different game style, but i reckon its one of the best shooters due to the versitility of the gameplay. one minute ur playing a flight sim, next a tank sim, next a sniping game, then a close quarter shooter game (metro). awsome. actually having a gaming weekend this weekend with my mates so we'll be playing allll weekend on bf3. add me on battlelog (d3vour3r) and we can pwn sum noobs!

massive nerd i know....

94 hours into Skyrim and one of the best games I've played in a LONG time. Only issue is, I'm now level 54, and dual weilding I can one shot everything except an ancient dragon - they take two hits. And that's with difficulty maxed. Still, that's OK - when I want a challenge, I try a two handed weapon, or use destruction magic, both of which I'm low skilled in, and when I want to just charge through missions I whip out my two daedric swords and watch the bodies fly.

Great game. Highly recommended, although it's one hell of a time sink.

And I'm playing on PC. It's crashed twice in 94 hours, and the only bug that really annoyed me was the backwards flying dragons which was fixed weeks ago.

Feck me... i'm getting hammered in MW3! Don't know what's going on.

I used to consistently get a +1 or greater K/D in Black OPs, but now i have trouble getting above 0.5. Getting frustrated by this shit.

Well there you go... something just clicked last night. K/D in last night's session went;

Started to trail off as i had a beer in between each round haha :lol:

Happy waiting for BF3 & MW3 to get to the bargain bins... but has anyone played those Resistance games? Any good in single player?
Annoyed that most shooters only last me a week or so before I finish them.

Latest posts

Back