Video Games

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

browndog

Are you bulletproof boy?
Reaction score
Having recently asked for Duke Nukem Forever on Xbox for fathers day and being totally underwhelmed with the graphics, I thought the gamers on AHB should have a thread to share their thoughts on the latest and greatest releases. I've always been a FPS fan with exeptions for The Force Unleashed and Fallout 3. I've got a couple of other RPGs but just don't have the time to play them. The last game I played was CoD Black Ops and that blew me away, shooting down that Russian rocket at the cosmodrome was amazingly well done. I've got a birthday coming up and have put in a request for Rage, not Fallout 3 I know, but the graphics look spectacular and ID do know how to do the FPS. So what are you playing or have played and what do recommend?

cheers

Browndog

I love all the COD series thus far. I end up spending far too many hours playing online with a rather large clan. Currently waiting for MW3 (have the hardened edition on pre-order right now).

Have also recently tried out the demo for Forza 4, it looks pretty damn awesome.

I can also suggest hitting the xbox live arcade. Both Limbo and Trials HD look great on a big HDTV with HDMI cables used.

I love all the COD series thus far. I end up spending far too many hours playing online with a rather large clan. Currently waiting for MW3 (have the hardened edition on pre-order right now).

Have also recently tried out the demo for Forza 4, it looks pretty damn awesome.

I can also suggest hitting the xbox live arcade. Both Limbo and Trials HD look great on a big HDTV with HDMI cables used.

I played CoD Modern Warfare 2 after Black Ops and after the half way stage I found it all bit confusing as to what was going on. The graphics of Forza 4 look amazing.

If your looking for single player story missions, Batman: Arkham Asylum, GTAIV, Red Dead Redemption, and there is a sequel to Batman: Arkham Asylum called Batman: Arkham City which is comming out in a few days and looks very promising.

If your after FPS, I find the story modes to be boring... Never played a full CoD single player. I don't really like CoD all that much. I would suggest to get your hands on Battlefield 3. Its going to be massive. I can't explain it, so watch this Single player gameplay. Theres also the multi-player to check out.

GTAIV is great. Especially the bikie one they released for it.

Check out www.ozgameshop.com for really cheap console games. Postage is free.

Battlefield 3 will be awesome, but only on PC I think.

Modern Warfare / Medal of honour games are really best to rent, not buy. That is unless you're really into multiplayer.

I really don't have anything to offer re games ATM, but I cannot wait for the next gen x-box to come out, I've been stuck with the original x-box for ages (read 10+ years) and all I was allowed to buy once swmbo came on to the scene was a wii, which is good, but damn I miss real gaming. OK, house of the dead overkill is friggin' awesome on wii, most of the other games are kinda just for when you're drunk with friends over. Lucky I have a few hundred games on the thing, same as x-box, but I haven't played that in ages, still haven't even finished Halo 2

GTAIV is great. Especially the bikie one they released for it.

Check out www.ozgameshop.com for really cheap console games. Postage is free.

Battlefield 3 will be awesome, but only on PC I think.

Modern Warfare / Medal of honour games are really best to rent, not buy. That is unless you're really into multiplayer.

Thanks for that link, I could have saved the missus nearly 20 bucks on the copy of Rage she just got me.

If your looking for single player story missions, Batman: Arkham Asylum, GTAIV, Red Dead Redemption, and there is a sequel to Batman: Arkham Asylum called Batman: Arkham City which is comming out in a few days and looks very promising.

If your after FPS, I find the story modes to be boring... Never played a full CoD single player. I don't really like CoD all that much. I would suggest to get your hands on Battlefield 3. Its going to be massive. I can't explain it, so watch this Single player gameplay. Theres also the multi-player to check out.

How good does that look! awesome.

just bought this and this to make one of .

Not the games your referring to but I like building and playing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Red Dead is also on my list of regular play.

Just bought myself some new toys which will be getting a work out when MW3 hits....

For night time play when I don't want to disturb the missus.....

For day time play when I want to really crank it.....

Can't wait till I move next year and can get a powered sub and some decent speakers....

Gaming, Audio tech. My two other hobbies.

That looks like some nice gear Pollux.

Also check out borderlands. Goty edition is about 50 hours of solid fun. Look it up on youtube

Also check out borderlands. Goty edition is about 50 hours of solid fun. Look it up on youtube

Yeah, I noticed it's about 24 bucks on that site you linked, better get it.

Having recently asked for Duke Nukem Forever on Xbox for fathers day and being totally underwhelmed with the graphics, I thought the gamers on AHB should have a thread to share their thoughts on the latest and greatest releases. I've always been a FPS fan with exeptions for The Force Unleashed and Fallout 3. I've got a couple of other RPGs but just don't have the time to play them. The last game I played was CoD Black Ops and that blew me away, shooting down that Russian rocket at the cosmodrome was amazingly well done. I've got a birthday coming up and have put in a request for Rage, not Fallout 3 I know, but the graphics look spectacular and ID do know how to do the FPS. So what are you playing or have played and what do recommend?

cheers

Browndog
Yep... Duke was a fizzer. Pity, I loved the original soo much.

I highly recommend borderlands. If you haven't already, give Mass effect a try. It's third person-shooter/rpg. I've just got through the second one and I am hooked and eagerly awaiting the third and final instalment.

Best game for me this year is Warhammer 40K: Space Marine. Plenty of fun with that game! Other that I have enjoyed recently is Mafia 2 and NBA 2K12 and of course Starcraft2!

Bought some games in the past that I've finished in a week.
Fallout 3 & New Vegas, I've played each for months & months. Gotta love it when you get value for money from a game.

Wasn't really into gaming till I tried COD 4 about 12 months ago.
Loved it so much that I went and bought them all (finished all except black ops so far) and have pre-ordered MW3 & battlefield 3... Also bought all the Tom Clancy rainbow six & ghost recon games as well as the medal of honour series, the hitman series & the crysis series!!!

Just a question, stuck on a stage in black ops where you have to protect a building. Spent 30 mins blasting away enemy but they just keep coming over & over again (I turned it off as I figured there is either a glitch or I am not doing something right). Anyone know the stage and have an idea?

Latest posts

Back