Victoria Bitter Recipe?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm interested to know when you last tried mouse piss for comparison Screwy.

Last time I had it, I wound up with some of the worst gastro I've ever had. Cute little fuckers plagued the warehouse I was living in at the time. Plenty of traps about the place and they got turned into sculptures.

Don't let your kittens or puppies get too close to Manticle :unsure:

Mouse keeping was very popular in the UK and living in fairly closed rooms compared to most of Australia (leave the lounge room or kitchen door open and you would get either "we don't live in a field tha knows" or "put t'wood in t'hole" ) - you always knew if the kids in any house you visited had a mousecage somewhere, an aroma you remember forever.

We were quite well off, I had hamsters B)

edit: forgot to close bracket

Bribie G said:
Don't let your kittens or puppies get too close to Manticle :unsure:

I'll resist the tired ahb meme thing and just suggest my two cats look great on a plinth.

swiftyp said:
Wow. This thing blew up. Bribie, I appreciate the offer man. You'll have to let me ship you something from here that you all don't have access to. I'll PM ya when I can get to a real computer (on my phone now). Thank you guys for your advice on this thing.
Haha..... don't stress swiftyp........ threads about brewing VB clones always blow up on an Aussie home brewing forum.

It is probably one of the most despised beers by Australian home brewers, and usually the reason we make our own beer...... because we want something better.

Saying that...... i also have met plenty of brewers who are happy to make beers like VB because they like them, and you will find most brewers like that dont usually frequent these pages, because they are happy with what they have and are not so interested in learning to improve their beers to perfection.

Cloning an aussie commercial lager is not always easy because they don't tend to use techniques available to the average home brewer. In fact most usually find that their attempts to brew a poor quality beer usually ends up being far superior to the commercial swill they are trying to emulate.

as said above.....

about 30% surcorse or glucose
a cheap non euro lager malt 1.046, mashed at 63 to 64 deg C
Pride of Ringwood (a clean high alpha US hop should do) to about 22 IBU
ferment with danish lager yeast allowing it to warm up through fermentation.
CC for a week,
Filter the life out of it.
Serve at -1 dec C (just over freezing point) with the glass filled all the way to the top with almost no head.

easy :)

Cheers

Swyftyp: sending you hops in the morning (missed post today) - I'll send you enough for two batches in case you like it.

Man, my current batch is so DRINKABLE it's frightening, dreading it when the keg empties as it takes bloody weeks. As Tony said, I ended up with more of a premium lager, maybe leave it out in the sun next time for half a day.

VB Clone.jpg

I got about two inches of ice on the beer during lagering, maybe it should be described as an eis-piss ??? :p

Edit: the head and lacing is a bit of a worry as well, maybe need to add defoamer next time.

WoW, thats a scary pic there Bribie, lt looks quite good...
My old man loves his VB. The only beer he drinks.

Latest posts

Back