Vic Xmas Case Swap 2008

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
25. -beerDingo - pale ale

... the case swap lives on, in fact I still think I have about 8 to go through yet

Citrus, some malt, distinctive cascade aroma.

Some slight hot alcohols and slight harshness in the finish which can be caused by higher fermentation temperatures.

Overall very tasty, a good summer quencher.

Hope you didn't think it was an ESB its a Weizen :eek:

Ah ya bugger :D I just printed the bits in black on the wiki and ignored the red bits LOL

It was damn yum whatever it was :beer:

#16 - CAP Brewmeister 70

Very interesting aroma, can definitely pick up the adjuncts in this one.

Nice hop aroma and flavour.

Little bit on the hazy side.

You can definitely see where the American lagers get that taste from.

Good beer for a hot night.

17 - Kleiny ESB Weizen

As an ESB it sucks big time,

but as a weizen, really clean, good malt hops balance

not excessive amount of esters or phenolics, but definitely noticeable weizen character.

fairly high carbonation,

all in all, a great summer beer

Ok getting a bit slack towards the end of the case

Tried the following several days ago without making any detailed notes:

12 mortz - Australian Pale Ale

All I remember about this beer mortz is that it was one of the best Australian Pale Ale's I have had.

Great malt profile, some complexity in ester formation, and really great finish.

4 Rook - Pommie Bitter

I could tell from the aroma this was going to be Rook's pommie bitter. Packed full of English hop goodness, with plenty of crisp english malt, and some pleasing ester profile in the mix.

Both exceptional beers

Hello drinkers,

22. Leigh's Pale Ale - Amber in colour, really fruity aroma and taste. A fairly easy drinking beer.

11. Fent's Hallertau Lagec - Very dark gold in colour, very well carbonated and happy to see you!
Strong malt and spicy hops in the aroma. Medium malt, high hop flavour and medium bitterness
in the taste, A very well crafted and tasty beer.

Until next time.

Latest posts

Back