• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Vic: Hop rhizomes for sale

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AJ80

Reaction score
Greetings all,

Have tidied up the hop yard this morning and have the following rhizomes for sale. Price is $10 per rhizome plus postage at buyer's cost (will be express post satchels to get them to you fast!). I have some smaller rhizomes for some of the varieties and these are $5 each. I also have a whopping big goldings crown for $30 (pick up only).

Strong preference for posting (won't be shipping to WA or Tassie). Pick ups can be arranged outside of business hours in the Macedon Ranges. Please reply via PM so I can keep track of who is after what.

Varieties:
Mount Hood
Goldings (large and small rhizomes available)
'Wild' Canterbury Goldings from the Otways (large and small rhizomes available)
Cascade (limited numbers)

Cheers!

AJ, I know I should but, I think i'll gear up for this next year. Maybe grab some off you at the swap then.

Hmmm ... decisions, decisions. Tossing up between a PoR from Yob (if he remembers) & a small Goldings 'zome.
How similar do you think the Goldings flowers you've produced are to EKG?

And is it possible to bring a small one to the Case Swap in a few weeks? (I assume you're coming!)

Hmmm ... decisions, decisions. Tossing up between a PoR from Yob (if he remembers) & a small Goldings 'zome.
How similar do you think the Goldings flowers you've produced are to EKG?

And is it possible to bring a small one to the Case Swap in a few weeks? (I assume you're coming!)

No worries at all. I've found the flowers to be more citrusy than traditional EKG.

Oooohhh. Even more tempting.
So still with that floral nectorous element of EKG, but with a (more) citrusy element as well. Sound about right?
I think I'll have to get one if that's the case

Evening all,

Thanks to everyone for the interest in the rhizomes. Have now run out of cascade and goldings rhizomes, but still have the goldings crown up for grabs if anyone is keen.

I've a small number of the Canterbury goldings left now and a good number of Mt Hood left too.

For those not familiar with it, Mt Hood is an American knock off of saaz, but grown here it definitely has a delicate fruity, yet spicey vibe. Wonderful in a lager, cream ale, altbier or anything with rye. Seems to be well suited to Australian conditions and it's a beast of a grower (even compared with Chinook).

All gone folks - thanks for the interest.

Greetings all,

Have tidied up the hop yard this morning and have the following rhizomes for sale. Price is $10 per rhizome plus postage at buyer's cost (will be express post satchels to get them to you fast!). I have some smaller rhizomes for some of the varieties and these are $5 each. I also have a whopping big goldings crown for $30 (pick up only).

Strong preference for posting (won't be shipping to WA or Tassie). Pick ups can be arranged outside of business hours in the Macedon Ranges. Please reply via PM so I can keep track of who is after what.

Varieties:
Mount Hood
Goldings (large and small rhizomes available)
'Wild' Canterbury Goldings from the Otways (large and small rhizomes available)
Cascade (limited numbers)

Cheers!
Hello
I would be interested in 1 x large Goldings, 1x large Otways & 1 x Mt Hood - post to Airport West 3042
Cheers
Trevor

Back