Vic 2016 Xmas Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bad news driod, never a good thing for anyone to go through.

Swap-related query - makes sense for me to bring my chest freezer? Want to make sure I have somewhere to plug it in as it takes up quite a bit of ute space.

Also realised it's 4 days until I meet Cocko. The suspense!

FWIW, my backup brew is now looking dubious for use in the swap (may not hit FG in time - mutha trucka!!!), so i may well have to withdraw from my prime spot in the swap over the next day or 2.
Disappointed is an understatement!

Yeah, there'll be a variety of bottles supplied.
*Might* try a mini-keg of sumtin-sumtin, haven't decided what.
Was planning on choosing 1 of 4 kegs, plus having a Red IPA for the swap; and the remaining 3 kegs go towards my post-xmas Boys Trip. Due to my M44 series failing (3 beers planned), i now just have 2 mini kegs (Swap ESB + Red Ale), so deciding whether to sacrifice 1 for the swap or just stick to bottles - probably go with all bottles to keep it simple.

On the plus side if i just go with bottles, i've got 3 new lagers (Hoppy Amber, Red Xperiment, Munich Dunkel) i'm keen to get feedback on, plus a Strong belgian Red/Dubbel, plus the ESB & Red ale. Sadly no time to do a new Aussie ale :(

Schooner_downunder you have a cube spot I beleive

Swappers

1. Cocko IAC
2. Idzy - Black Summer
3. Technobabble66
4. AJ80 - possibly some form of altbier
5. VP Brewing - Tripel - Bottled 12.10.16. Ready to drink Xmas time. (Leave longer if you can)
6. Reardo - Robust Choc Porter
7. Nullnvoid - Rye Pale Ale Surprise
8. DJ_L3THAL - Dusseldorf Altbier. Carbed by 20/12 (Leave at room temp). Lager in fridge after that for minimum 2 weeks, preferably 1 month+
9. mayor of mildura - Cocko's Cream Ale, bottled 1-11-16
10. JB - Smoked porter, bottled 26/10/2016
11. thearn
13. Mofox1 - Thirsty Monk, Belgian Amber Ale. CPF from keg, drink fresh.
14. Breakbeer - Smoked Choc Porter
16. Mudd
17. GrumpyPaul
18. awesome fury (likes goats)
19. WarmBeer - Uncle Warmy's Breakfast Stout (Bottled 20-Nov-16, should be ready to drink mid Dec)
21. Midnight brew - September Stout
22. Mardoo - Two Fuzzy Nuts - Roasted Chestnut Amber - Can drink now, likely better around April
23. TheWiggman - Radieuse, drink Feb
24. malt junkie - DIPA, Bottled today 23/11 Ready around new year

Reserve Swappers
​3.

Attendees (Non-Swappers)
1.Schooner_downunder
2. timmy
3. micbrew
4. mmmyummybeer
5. MartinOC

Cubists
1. Cocko
2. Idzy
3. Technobabble66
4. The Wiggman
5. VP Brewing
6. mmmyummybeer
7. Nullnvoid
8. DJ_L3THAL
9. Micbrew
10. JB
11. MartinOC
12. mayor of mildura
13. Mofox1
14. breakbeer
15. malt junkie
17. WarmBeer
18. Camo6
19. Yob
20. Reardo
21. awesome fury
22. Mardoo

Reserve cubists

1.Schooner_downunder

technobabble66 said:
On the plus side if i just go with bottles, i've got 3 new lagers (Hoppy Amber, Red Xperiment, Munich Dunkel) i'm keen to get feedback on, plus a Strong belgian Red/Dubbel, plus the ESB & Red ale. Sadly no time to do a new Aussie ale :(
Happy to be a critic! I can help you out with the lager because I'll have my Aussie pils that I'm hoping everyone thinks is shithouse so I have heaps left to drink over summer.

TheWiggman said:
Bad news driod, never a good thing for anyone to go through.

Swap-related query - makes sense for me to bring my chest freezer? Want to make sure I have somewhere to plug it in as it takes up quite a bit of ute space.

Also realised it's 4 days until I meet Cocko. The suspense!
Bring esky, bring ice, the availability opposer Willie very limited. Plan for not having any and you can't go wrong

Shout out for a electric kitchen knife .. for the spit roast

Looks like the weather is gunna be alright ta boot.

3 more sleeps

A couple of pints of RIS with a late-boil addition of Methaqualone should fix that for you.... B)

micbrew said:
Shout out for a electric kitchen knife .. for the spit roast

Looks like the weather is gunna be alright ta boot.

3 more sleeps

I can bring an electric knife Saturday morning. I'll bring a spare 9kg bottle of gas too.

Yob said:
Bring esky, bring ice, the availability opposer Willie very limited. Plan for not having any and you can't go wrong
Chucked this into my autocorrect back translator and still came up confused. I can bring an esky and ice but the keg/s won't fit in my esky.

Mardoo said:
I'll be bringing my opposer Willie.
You can leave your bloody Willie at home, thank you. One rampant Cock(o) is more than most of us will be able to bear on the day.

TheWiggman said:
Chucked this into my autocorrect back translator and still came up confused. I can bring an esky and ice but the keg/s won't fit in my esky.
Speed typing kills.. Only the bottom of the keg needs to be chilled, it will be ok as long as we have ice.. Served many a keg outdoor in this way.

I'll be bringing as many eskies as I can fit in the car

Droid - If you do end up making for the day, happy to give up my spot.

I won't be arriving until after lunch but happy to be on clean up crew for the gear if the boil starts before I get there. I'll bring a few eskies with plenty of ice as well.

PS - Besides the great photo of Kangaroo Ground, is there an address for the famous chez cocko?

Swappers

1. Cocko IAC
2. Idzy - Black Summer
3. Technobabble66
4. AJ80 - possibly some form of altbier
5. VP Brewing - Tripel - Bottled 12.10.16. Ready to drink Xmas time. (Leave longer if you can)
6. Reardo - Robust Choc Porter
7. Nullnvoid - Rye Pale Ale Surprise
8. DJ_L3THAL - Dusseldorf Altbier. Carbed by 20/12 (Leave at room temp). Lager in fridge after that for minimum 2 weeks, preferably 1 month+
9. mayor of mildura - Cocko's Cream Ale, bottled 1-11-16
10. JB - Smoked porter, bottled 26/10/2016
11. thearn
13. Mofox1 - Thirsty Monk, Belgian Amber Ale. CPF from keg, drink fresh.
14. Breakbeer - Smoked Choc Porter
16. Mudd
17. GrumpyPaul
18. awesome fury (likes goats)
19. WarmBeer - Uncle Warmy's Breakfast Stout (Bottled 20-Nov-16, should be ready to drink mid Dec)
21. Midnight brew - September Stout
22. Mardoo - Two Fuzzy Nuts - Roasted Chestnut Amber - Can drink now, likely better around April
23. TheWiggman - Radieuse, drink Feb
24. malt junkie - DIPA, Bottled today 23/11 Ready around new year

Reserve Swappers
​3.

Attendees (Non-Swappers)
1.Schooner_downunder
2. timmy
3. micbrew
4. mmmyummybeer
5. MartinOC

Cubists
1. Cocko