Vb Alc Content To Be Dropped Again!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's right CM2, you could argue that CUB, by taking this action are "squeezing" out full strength beers (which are few and far between...almost limited to the micros now)...using their own words "when everybody else puts the price up, ours will stay the same"...unfortunately the micros will either have to put the price up or reduce the alcohol!

They are effectively providing a discounted beer!

They are effectively providing a discounted beer!

I can see the promo now

Cue the Chaser's Crazy sale guy voice

"At CUB we've gone mad, mad, mad!!!! Everything is half off!!!! Flavour, half off!!! Aroma, half off!!! Mouthfeel, half off!!! We've all gone completely mad and it all must go go go!!!"

:p

Cheers SJ

if megabreweries are cutting costs in this way, how long will it be before microbreweries starting doing similar things or stop making higher gravity style beers to save money as they struggle to compete in the market to begin with?
food beer for thought. :icon_cheers:

Quite true CM2. I guess every brewery is a business like it or not. And micros do their share of cost-cutting, just in a different way.

Can't name too many Micros that actually make a lager, but plenty that offer loads of varieties of ales. Costs of refridgeration/energy and longer term storage of stock would be too darn high for most. They've got to get the stuff in and out of the warehouse just like everyone else.

Hopper.

I can see the promo now

Cue the Chaser's Crazy sale guy voice

"At CUB we've gone mad, mad, mad!!!! Everything is half off!!!! Flavour, half off!!! Aroma, half off!!! Mouthfeel, half off!!! We've all gone completely mad and it all must go go go!!!"

:p

Cheers SJ

Q. when are they gonna 'half off' the amount of dead roo urine they put in it ?

A. when it gets too expensive.

Latest posts

Back