vale Malcom Fraser

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bribie G said:
Another thing that really pisses me off is smug people in employment who classify themselves as "taxpayers". They are, single handedly, supporting all those leeches who are sucking off their backs, benefiting from their hard work and the income tax they pay.

I'm a pensioner and it's well documented that I actually part with more of my income in tax, by percentage, than the average person on 70k a year.

Petrol excise is a tax. Stamp duty is a tax. Rates are a tax. Grog excise is a tax, road tolls are a tax, GST is a tax, (surprise surprise the T in GST stands for tax), the list is endless.

erm, could this thread be perhaps wandering a bit OT?
Pensioners get concession everything.
Quit your belly achin.

The Guardian First Dog on the Moon's take...

First Dog - Fraser.jpg

Black Devil Dog said:
This sentence pretty much sums up the entire sentiment of the left. At least those posting on this site.

Time to get over the fact that the worst PM in Australia's history, guided the worst government in living memory to one of the biggest ever electoral losses.

You don't like it, too bad.

It beggars belief that some people think the previous shadow boxing, spendthrift, Labor government was worthy of office.
Replaced by a new worst PM ever?

Labor was elected back in the day, and you just can't deal with that. In the same way, I find it hard to believe that the Australian public elected another career party politician (irrelevant of party).

Easy enough to believe that Labor were beaten. Not necessarily by a better party but by their own lack of cohesion.

The Libs have that party cohesion in their favour, and it may be enough to get them over the line.

The NSW election could be another backlash win, but we'll see.

Was going to reply further, but frankly can't see sense in perpetuating this here. Start another topic. Call it Political bile. Is any politician actually as bitter as some of these posts/baits?

Dividing people's perspectives via some arbritary line with a simplistic right vs left is useless. Discuss the issues, the facts and subsequent opinions that you hold. Leave throwing everyone into one handy easily dismissed political basket to less articulate people.

Considering the guy we're discussing struck chords (and ruffled feathers) on both sides of politics, maybe we should discuss and debate without reverting to such a useless dualism.

There is a bloke dead and you are all reading into it like you knew him. A membership does not equal a life. Well it shouldn't anyway.

I personally have learned a lot about him in the past 48 hrs than I have in a lifetime. He seems to be a truly hardworking politician.

I am ashamed I did not know more about our political past, there are pollies that actually care.

**** the left and **** the right. They're all *****.

brad81 said:
**** the left and **** the right. They're all c*nts.
Hey Mr Baird, Mr Foley, we got a swinging voter over here!

If MF was in the seat today, I wonder if he would behave the same as the lot today. Divide the masses whilst carrying the loot out the back door.

Interesting that we have had changes in leadership but no change to blood letting.

the current mob's abuse of the intergenerational report shows to me that they're more interested in winning the party politics game rather than producing anything meaningful or useful.

Liam_snorkel said:
the current mob's abuse of the intergenerational report shows to me that they're more interested in winning the party politics game rather than producing anything meaningful or useful.

C'mon Liam, we all know that 40 year economic forecasts are scientifically proven (1) to be much more accurate than 1 year forecasts.

(1) Research carried out by ROEES (Raw Onion Eaters Economic Society )

that, and treasury have disowned the "report", it's basically just PR from the treasurer's office.

Liam_snorkel said:
The previous mob was busy playing musical chairs than worrying about the downturn of the economy, and the current government can't produce anything useful or meaningful because it gets blocked.
This is the current governments fault through saying they wouldn't raise taxes, and now are snookered, then again if they had said they were going to raise taxes they would never have got in.

I agree with that. Which is why they didn't want treasury to write the intergenerational report, because it would have recommended increased taxes, greater expenditure into research & innovation, & probably something about responding to climate change.

Dave70 said:
Great leaders are also almost universally uncompromising,
Uncompromising?
Maybe we need a Greens leader as PM.
They have plenty of uncompromising, unfunded, purist dribble.

dribble.
[/qu]

Drivel is the word you are meaning as in the drivel dribbled from your mouth

The difference between the right and left of the laborals is if you want labor to do something you pay them. If you want the liberals to do something you get them voted in and they will do it out of ideology or maybe a sack of wine or a pen. They are cheap once you get them in.
The greens make up their policies out of consensus. Give them a go when they **** the joint i would be the first vote them out they couldn't be any worse than the junkies running the joint now. They are the only alternative we have to make a change and they don't carry on with drivel.

Eagleburger said:
Divide the masses whilst carrying the loot out the back door.
One Mr Adolf Hitler wrote about that...may have even been a speach

Latest posts

Back