Vale Ale Dry

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

piraterum

Reaction score
Anyone tried the Vale Ale Dry Lager?

Definately the worst beer I have tasted in a long time.

Quite like flat tonic water - it was punishment to drink. Even though it was a 330mL bottle I drank half and tipped it out :icon_vomit:

Tried on tap whilst in melbourne the other week, thought it was more of a kolsch than anything. Nothing flash.

What were you drinking?
The mind boggles.
I'm pretty sure what you were drinking is a pale ale' of sorts, so if you expected a super dry lager, no wonder you were disappointed.

Haven't tried it but these are tasting notes from website

Appearance: Cloudy from bottle conditioning with live yeast cells. Golden/copper colour.
Aroma: Boiled lollies.
Flavour: floral, fruity. Medium body and bitterness.

Malt:
Pale - sweet malty flavour
Wheat - Mouth feel and palate fullness
Crystal - Caramalised flavour and imparts golden colour.

Hops:
Super Alpha - soft bitterness
Amarillo - passionfruit grapefruit
Cascade - spicy, citrusy.

For it to tast like like tonic water you'd have to guess it was miss handled or otherwise degraded during transport or part of a batch problem , I'll pick a couple up this week and compare to above as if the above is correct reflection of recipe it sounds tasty.

What were you drinking?
The mind boggles.
I'm pretty sure what you were drinking is a pale ale' of sorts, so if you expected a super dry lager, no wonder you were disappointed.

I'm not talking about Vale Ale Pale Ale, this is a new line Vale Ale Dry.

Haven't tried it but these are tasting notes from website

Appearance: Cloudy from bottle conditioning with live yeast cells. Golden/copper colour.
Aroma: Boiled lollies.
Flavour: floral, fruity. Medium body and bitterness.

Malt:
Pale - sweet malty flavour
Wheat - Mouth feel and palate fullness
Crystal - Caramalised flavour and imparts golden colour.

Hops:
Super Alpha - soft bitterness
Amarillo - passionfruit grapefruit
Cascade - spicy, citrusy.

For it to tast like like tonic water you'd have to guess it was miss handled or otherwise degraded during transport or part of a batch problem , I'll pick a couple up this week and compare to above as if the above is correct reflection of recipe it sounds tasty.

These are the tasting notes for the original Vale Ale, which is a Pale Ale and not a bad drop.

Latest posts

Back