Using stored Recultured Coppers Yeast- Query

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Baulko Brewer

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Hope someone can provide some info for me.

About 4 weeks ago I recultured Coopers yeast from a 6 pack as per instructions on forum. No probs at all, but had intended putting brew together about 3 weeks ago. Unfortunately life got in the way, and as yet I have not had a chance to do it (hoping to get it together Friday night)

When I realised that I couldn't brew, It put the yeast in the keeezer to keep dormant, but am know wondering if this will make it useless, or could I bring back to room temp Friday and Pitch Saturday??

$16 for a 6 pack just to use the yeast and make another starter and waiting another week to reculture doesn't make it fun

Thanks in advance

It's possibly OK to use as is, but I'd be inclined to make another starter using your stored yeast.

Thanks Mosto,

Could you please ellaborate on that.

Are you suggesting taking the yeast start I have and adding it to another litre of MDA water and refermenting?? This is the 1st time I have recultured

Yep, make up another wort solution with some extract and and water, bring the yeast back up to room temp and chuck it in and let it do it's thing.

On the other hand, I have checked the Mr Malty Yeast Calculator and it suggests you probably only need around 200ml of your yeast as it is, so you could go that way if you like.

I'd still be inclined to make another starter, but I enjoy making starters :D

Thanks will get it going tonight.

There goes the Fri Night brew session :ph34r:

Latest posts

Back