Unsure Newby....

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CTR_Sniper

Reaction score
Fellow Brewers......

Super newby question i apologise in advance... sorry...

I put a Wals Pale Ale down with the usual additives then steeped 12g Centenial and dry hopped 12g galaxy.

This was done on 17/06 with OG 1040 which i thought was okay.

20 odd days later, its sitting on 1015 and its been there for over 2 weeks. Far too high to bottle from what ive been told.

Samples are yellow and clowdy, though through the lid (only opened for the pic) its as shown.

Doesnt taste sweet and smells a little off.

Temps have been on the lower end of ale yeast activity at 16° to 18°, the i put it on a mat, which went nuts and took it to 28°, i turned it off when i saw this and wrapped it in towels to keep some warmth.

Also, it has never bubbled but there is krausen so thought it was going okay, now thinking this isnt quite right.

Down the sink?

Stick it out?

Rack it to a secondary and pitch a US-05 to eat up anything left?

Keen to hear your thoughts.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_4778.JPG
    IMG_4778.JPG
    620.1 KB · Views: 139
It looks fine to me beer is clear enough and nothing else but hopefully tea bags floating on top.
Check the hydrometer in 20oc water and see what the reading is.
What are your usual ingredients? If there was maltodextrine in there 1015 might be OK.
Run your ingredients list into ianh spreadsheet and see what u get numbers wise.
Good luck.

It looks fine to me beer is clear enough and nothing else but hopefully tea bags floating on top.
Check the hydrometer in 20oc water and see what the reading is.
What are your usual ingredients? If there was maltodextrine in there 1015 might be OK.
Run your ingredients list into ianh spreadsheet and see what u get numbers wise.
Good luck.

Thanks for the reply.
Apologies, 1kg dextrose.
Ill run the numbers and see what i get.

Just use plastic bottles and the worstime that can happen will be a mess in your storage area. Sounds like it's done if it's been stable for 2 weeks.

Yeah thats pretty much what i did.
Plastic bottles, back in the box and in a garbage bag, just in case.
The wait begins.

Latest posts

Back