Unlocking S-type European Keg

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davo002

Reaction score
Hi guys, i have recently aquired an S type european 20 litre keg.
I reckon it would be tops for my homebrew. I know how to open the A type and the D type kegs. But don't yet know the trick to the S type keg, i can unscrew the post but it must have a tab like the A type or Tooheys kegs, how do i get the post out so i can remove the tab? any help would be appreciated.
davo002 B)

I had this same problem a couple of weeks ago and someone kindly helped me out. Put a two dollar coin on top of the collar, screw down the coupler and open the outlet handle on the coupler. With the fitting in the keg loosened the whole lot will come out of the keg.Do a search on "heiniken keg" and you should find my post and the reply.

Have fun

I had this same problem a couple of weeks ago and someone kindly helped me out. Put a two dollar coin on top of the collar, screw down the coupler and open the outlet handle on the coupler. With the fitting in the keg loosened the whole lot will come out of the keg.Do a search on "heiniken keg" and you should find my post and the reply.

Have fun

Thanks Big G, I will try this tomorrow
davo002

Thanks guys i did it this morning and it worked a treat.
I knew this was the place to come to get my problem sorted.
Thanks again
davo002 :icon_chickcheers:

Back