Unexpected Happenings

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rabbitz

Reaction score
SWMBO & I recently bought a new house, so on Saturday last we had the obligitory 'House Warming'. Now being new to the brew scene I was quite keen to show off my brews but some unexpected sights were seen...

Firstly, I found out that several mates are now brewing, so the 'Compare and Contrast' of many different types and styles was unexpected - it was completely impromptu, we all brought samples without prior discussion!

Next was the 'Beer Snob' effect. Now you have to understand, most of us got know each other through the music industry, we are sound, light and relocation type guys - not the type who previously would have cared where the beer came from, as long as it was plentiful. So to see the discussion turn to why this tastes how it does, how did you brew it?, etc etc etc was interesting, let alone the derision shown to packaged beer drinkers was unexpected!

Finally, and for me most amusingly, were the little piles of carefully and jealously guarded empty bottles - each brewer keeping tabs on their precious empties! Even better was that all of the pre-packaged beer bottles were willingly recycled and split amongst the brewers, so the next day clean up had very few stray bottles to contend with - very unexpected.

Although not unexpected, the hangover was much reduced so now I wonder exactly what do the big brewers put in their beer to make us sick?

BTW, it was unaniomously voted that a K&K Bock was the most preferred brew on the day.

Rabz

Sounds like shenanigans, but the real purpose of my reply is to ask you wtf "SWMBO" stands for?

haha, most of my mates are used to me guarding my precious longnecks when i take them somewhere else to drink :p

Back