Uh Ohs

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Koikaze

Reaction score
Hey guys... I have an ale fermenting atm, and its nearly done. But I havn't even started drinking my last batch (still conditioning)! As I am only newish i only have enough bottles for one batch at a time. Im wondering, if i racked to secondary how long could i stall bottling for? I ask this because it will be easier for me to get a 2nd fermenter than it would find more bottles and i figure it would be good to get it off the yeast cake at some point to stop the autolysis flavors.

If anyone has any other ideas...

or know where i can get some longneck bottles in geelong stat lol

EDIT: if anyone is wondering why i was so stupid to start another batch this early, my last batch took a month to ferment at the temps Ive got, and i thought id have the beer drunk in that time. lol

rack it.
If done properly and store really cold she'd last months.
Its called ccing/ lagering
1 week for ales
2-6 week for lagers

ok cool thanks. But do you mean I can CC for 1 week for an ale?

ive cced for 3 months when i didnt get a chance to bottle before going away with work

In case of emergency I keep a couple of boxes of the PET bottles handy. I think they are around $12-$13 for a box of 15 of the Coopers 740ml ones at Kmart.

I don't know that I'd be comfortable leaving it in the fermentor for that amount of time, but certainly you could rack it to a cube and sit it in the back of the fridge. If only a couple of weeks it should be fine in the fermentor. Not cc'iing or lagering a beer will generally result in a loss of hop bitterness/aroma.

Latest posts

Back