Two things blew my mind today

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
technobabble66 said:
I've been tempted w sous vide a few times, but always baulk at "wasting" my precious vac seal rolls/bags. (I'm a real tight arse!)
You can re use them if you just cut the sealing edge off

It's great for bbq's because you can please everyone.
I did 2 whole scotch fillets 3kg for 3 hours at 57 while prepping salads and drinks, once the people arrive ask how they like there steak, remove the bags and cut the steaks, then adjust the length of the grill time to suit each order.

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1464762287.267893.jpg
After 3 hours it's all perfect medium.

Trying to decide which way to go for my setup.
Which setup resembles what you use?
Which setup would give the best result?

A.PNGB.PNGC.PNG

technobabble66 said:
I've been tempted w sous vide a few times, but always baulk at "wasting" my precious vac seal rolls/bags. (I'm a real tight arse!)
Hmmm, unless you're raising & slaughtering your own cows, the price of 2 decent steaks is going to far outweigh an entire roll of vacant seal bags. Why risk wasting all that money on meat, and potentially ruining a dinner for family just to save cents?
Once or twice a year, Aldi have the rolls on sale. When that happens I stock up.

Kjg I have mine in series, in the first one tap water in and hot water out. In the second chiller I recirculate iced water. Wort goes into the first then linked from wort out to wort in on the second then from wort out on the second back to kettle.

I picked up a steak tonight to cook Saturday for a few hours before blasting on the bbq

Back