Two Kit Cans - Need More Sugar & Hops?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaKing

Reaction score
Cleaned out the local Coles with the last of their HB.

I'm thinking of doing a Coopers Pale Ale & adding in a toohey's draught can instead of malt+dextrose & ringwood hops. (then some Muntons gold yeast).
D you guys think the cans be enough or should I add some dextrose/corn sugar, malt & hops too?

Cheers

Hi DaKing,

I've been keeping an eye on my local coles but nothing as yet!!

The two cans should get you a full strength beer without any extra dex or malt.

The bitterness is probably there already but you might want to consider adding some flavour or aroma hops depending on what you're aiming for with this toucan.

Lodan

Thanks Lodan! toucan - doh, I was searching for two cans & multiple cans. (I thought I'd seen plenty of posts previous about this)

the Tooheys seems pretty hoppy. I just wanted something like a coopers pale ale, but drinkable inside 2mths, as I'm getting ready for BBQ season. Maybe dry hop some Hallertauer or Cascade for the last 2-3 days?

Yeah the Coles clear out was good, Tooheys was $4 & Cooper Pale Ale $7
But I've only found them in one store. I want to perfect some cheap, quick (<2mth) commercial like brews for visitors, so I can enjoy my other creations (which apparently are a required taste ;-)

thanks again

Latest posts

Back