Two Can Three Can

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joebejeckel

Reaction score
Is there any benefit to adding more than one can to a kit brew, ie 2 cans of coopers draft to 23 litre brew,

and if so, do i need to add extra malts yeast etc,,,,

cheers..

Joe

eliminates the need for adding sugars and the like , you do tend to get a more hoppy beer as each can is hopped for a 23 litre brew , the few that i have done using two cans have worked out reasonably well for a kit beer, last one was a can of coopers stout and a coopers dark ale , with london 111 ale yeast finished up quite nicely ...

Do a search on here for tucan (also try tuocan) should get a few hits

QldKev

Oops typo - yep toucan

Could become the latest craze in brewing the Tuocan

Or even a new dictionary entry
Tuo: As in Duo meaning two thing together, but derived from Tins

QldKev

Is there any benefit to adding more than one can to a kit brew, ie 2 cans of coopers draft to 23 litre brew,

and if so, do i need to add extra malts yeast etc,,,,

cheers..

Joe

Hi Joe ,Posted this the other day on kits thread

My last experiment was a coopers sparkling ale used 1 x can of coopers sparkling and filled to 12ltrs only.Nothing else added except yeast. Fernented 12 days then racked secondary 7 days put into mates keg and gassed. Was as bitter as and a bit young. After a week it had changed for the better but still a bitter bite.Will sample again today or tomorrow.Good head, mouth feel and clear.Ive gone off dex & maltodextrin & getting good results using malt and hops only. If you like your bitters bitter this could be the way to go. :icon_cheers:
Daz

Back