Two Birds Bantam IPA

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Founders all day ipa and temple anytime are two other examples of this stylistic interpretation. Both tasty beers.

8 Wired's Semi conductor is another.

They do have a place imo, so long as the beers body supports the supposed increased hopping.

As you mentioned, Mant....when last in the UK, I had numerous 'IPAs' which were around 4%.

All off hand pump and all nice beers, but they were all bitters at best. I'd be very surprised if any were much over 40IBUs. I hate marketing shits bending/breaking rules to sell products.

If I was drinking quality ales off a hand pump I wouldn't give 2 fucks what they labelled it as haha.

manticle said:
Founders all day ipa and temple anytime are two other examples of this stylistic interpretation. Both tasty beers.
Founders would have to be my favourite brewery of 2014.

I definitely don't get onion & garlic from this! I agree that it's a bit cheeky calling it an ipa though. I'm also a bit underwhelmed by most of their beers but this is their stand out to me.
I wonder if their approach to designing beers is restraint? Maybe they are trying to brew accessible beers that will appeal to mainstream drinkers?

Maybe we are just exposed to too many beers designed to wow the drinker with a punch in the face?
Drink a trumer, a westmalle, a fullers esb.
Lovely, deep, complex, harmonious. Doesn't need to rip your tongue in half. If you want apples with apples - sam smiths india pale.

Had this today and.....another average attempt of a IPA. Be it a session beer it had very little hop character and low aroma. From the taste it was all Aussie hops and no where near enough of them. More like a summer ale at 20ibu.

WP_20141225_003.jpg

browndog said:
IPA it says on the front label. Just cracked one of these. Tastes of onions and garlic, checked the bottle and it isn't even an IPA at 4.7% Apparently its a Session India Pale Ale according to the blurb on the back label. Also says it should have tropical fruit salad notes, not onions and garlic. Verdict - terrible.
Looking on the upside, you would only need plain crisps to go with it.

Latest posts

Back