True Ginger Beer Scoby

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks
That's one i had not found.
15 pages 298 reply's, that will take some time to read. yes very slow reader.

Red Dragon ginger beer live and unpasturised drink anyone tried this ginger beer what would the yeast be.

kjg said:
[SIZE=10pt]I am also looking for a REAL [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]Ginger Beer "plant" or SCOBY as per the OP.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]Not the bug.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Not the yeast [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt](Saccharomyces cerevisiae) version.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Not water crystals or water kefir, different sub-species, so I've read. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=8.5pt] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]I have seen it overseas, [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]www.happyherbalist.com/gingerbeerplant.aspx and [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]www.yemoos.com/gingerbeerproductpage.html[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]Tried the [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]groups.yahoo...GingerBeerPlant/ group, but could not join? Kept getting error.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]So thought I would try here first.[/SIZE]

anyone?......
​anyone?
[SIZE=10pt] [/SIZE]
Gumtree $9 with free shipping

Got the full set, all 4 scoby,s.
Not sure about the taste of the Milk Kefir
The kombucha is still brewing.
The water kefir tastes good, grains double in size every 48 hours.
The Ginger Beer taste excellent, cant wait to be pumping out some real volume.

Interested in the ginger beer scoby but just wondering how much effort is required to keep it alive when not brewing, I can't see myself doing more than 1-2 brews a year.

Its something you make a litre or two per week, depending on how much grain you have.
But, it can be frozen, dried or stored in the fridge for a short time, or so i have read.

Thanks bro, there seems to be very little info re. maintaining the scoby but think I will just dive in and see.

We currently have three SCOBY threads going, a new direction for AHB?
Might be a case to have a SCOBY sub forum in Non Beer Brewing.

I know this is an old thread. But did anyone have any luck importing the ginger beer plant?

Not entirely confident with starting my own wild ferment and not sure if I want to have $30 worth of scoby stuck in quarantine..

Thanks

Warwick

I'd like to know if anyone tried the Kombucha SCOBY for Ginger Beer? My wife literally has dozens of them.

I got a ginger beer SCOBY from Yemoos and it arrived relatively quickly and healthy.

Latest posts

Back