Trouble With Customs & Hops?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have sent hops direct 3 emails been waiting 4 weeks for them to get back to me on how much postage wood be , they must be real busy.

hopefully they dont take that long :( less time my hops spend sitting around customs the better... postage on my order of 5 1x pound bags was ~43USD

Thats how we got our last 10kg from the USA from Hops Direct.

I notice on the Hops Direct FAQ's they don't send orders overseas. I take it that this has changed. What are their shipping prices like?

Cheers

Dave

Edit, Didn't read all previous posts. 5 pounds is $43.

7 pounds is around $55 delivery. Only take about a week to get here too. I've waited longer getting stuff from australia!

Cool, thank you. I can feel an Epic Pale ale clone coming on

yeah you shouldn't have any problems with customs. I bought 5 pounds recently from Hops Direct. Paid $45 for shipping IIRC. Customs inspected 2 of the bags (just broke the seal, nothing major) It's the way to go if you want plenty of the same variety.

However it does create a false economy... i've done 2 pretty big IPAs in a row, which i wouldn't have done had i been paying more for my hops. :blink: So in essence it hasn't "really" saved me money... just enabled me to do something I never would have done in the past.

With it costing pretty much $10 for the hops alone (in 90g lots) in a Boh Pils it's not a false-bottomed economy buying a pound for $15!

With it costing pretty much $10 for the hops alone (in 90g lots) in a Boh Pils it's not a false-bottomed economy buying a pound for $15!

:icon_offtopic: Too true...i have a Bo Pils triple batch (63L Brew length) that's gonna cost me $9.53 in Czech Saaz cause i bought from Hops Direct.

With bulk grain and bulk hops i can push out 3 kegs for $48.34 = 85c/L :beerbang: (in ingredients)

Edit: OT

Latest posts

Back