Hops Stuck At Customs From Northern Brewer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hopping mad, might want to get your morons straight.

Customs officers have nothing to do with AQIS. Daff is actually AQIS, that is their department name. To simplify it.

If you are bringing plant material into the country without checking to see if it is okay then maybe it is you that could have some monikers attached to you, lucky for you you found out it was okay. yes the AQIS officers should have known.

I don't work for either of them, or any other govt department and never have. Just find it comical when people blame others...

How about you all just buy Hops from Australian suppliers! Keep an Australian in work I say. Know I'm going to cop some flack. All suppliers here in Australia employ people. I did the sums recently with a supplier just to get the numbers and your saving little in the scheme of things anyway.

Hopping mad, might want to get your morons straight.

Customs officers have nothing to do with AQIS. Daff is actually AQIS, that is their department name. To simplify it.

If you are bringing plant material into the country without checking to see if it is okay then maybe it is you that could have some monikers attached to you, lucky for you you found out it was okay. yes the AQIS officers should have known.

I don't work for either of them, or any other govt department and never have. Just find it comical when people blame others...

Worm, clever of you to split hairs.

Yes I know one government bureaucrat is different to the other, but fantastic of you to point this out.

Yes we checked the AQIS website prior to bringing this material in, but thanks for inferring we are morons - very helpful.

As an aside, here's an apology from AQIS confirming they are morons. Please note the poor moronic use of 'apologises'.

Apology.jpg

They don't specifically mention it in this brief note, but if you read between the lines what they are confirming is, yes they are morons, yes they stuffed up and can't tell one piece of plant material from another when it is clearly marked on commercial packaging, and they are also acknowledging that they are too slack to look up their own database, but at the same time are happy to lecture people who are doing the right thing at the end of a long flight and who have properly declared their safe plant material and brought it in via the correct packaging.

Interesting that you find it 'comical when people blame others'. But I think in this instance, I am correct in blaming AQIS for stuffing up and causing some inconvenience.

Your and my taxes are paying for this official to be protecting our borders. Maybe this is actually more moronic and comical.

Hopper.

What a wonderful note! You should call all of the brews made with those hops the Apologises Series. I hope they haven't been too damaged sitting around getting hot, hopefully they did refrigerate them.

Worm, clever of you to split hairs.

Yes I know one government bureaucrat is different to the other, but fantastic of you to point this out.

Yes we checked the AQIS website prior to bringing this material in, but thanks for inferring we are morons - very helpful.

As an aside, here's an apology from AQIS confirming they are morons. Please note the poor moronic use of 'apologises'.

Apology.jpg

They don't specifically mention it in this brief note, but if you read between the lines what they are confirming is, yes they are morons, yes they stuffed up and can't tell one piece of plant material from another when it is clearly marked on commercial packaging, and they are also acknowledging that they are too slack to look up their own database, but at the same time are happy to lecture people who are doing the right thing at the end of a long flight and who have properly declared their safe plant material and brought it in via the correct packaging.

Interesting that you find it 'comical when people blame others'. But I think in this instance, I am correct in blaming AQIS for stuffing up and causing some inconvenience.

Your and my taxes are paying for this official to be protecting our borders. Maybe this is actually more moronic and comical.

Hopper.

"Dear [blah], [AQIS] apologises for any inconvenience, regards [blah]"

not so moronic if you insert the silent assumed word

Latest posts

Back