Trouble @ Grumpy's

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

normell

Winter's Flat's #1 Brewer, now that XXXX have move
Reaction score
My other HB web site, Grumpy's, now has a spam problem, which some idiots, manly one called Adam, is blaming it onto us AHB members. :blink:
Even said that he got a virus sent to him from here :angry:
Boy am I glad that I don't have an attitude like him.
But it's sad that one of my favorite sites from the past has gone down hill so fast :huh:

Normell

Thomas has been pretty quick in the past to step on any inter-forum squabbling in the past, I'm sure he'll do the same this time.
The idea of inter-forum bullying or sabotage is pretty objectional and pointless to say the least. Both the Grumps site and this have their place and are important to home brewers. I, like a lot here (I guess) started out with a lot of guidance from the Grumpys crew and should be greatful.
I'm sure they'll fix the spam problem, hopefully before irrational paranoia grows, I don't think Adam will convince many

Good point Jimi. but Thomas really should have done something a lot sooner with the spam problem

Ive been reading the Grumpy's post for years. Although ive never posted on it I have found it a good resource of information over the years.

It's a shame that it's gone the way that it has and it needs to be fixed. It surely isnt doing their business any favours at the moment

I too began with the grumpy's phorum and on a couple of occasions was direct here for info. Since then I have shifted over to this forum, but there are great people in both places.

Tis a shame though...

Sloth.

I hate to say it but it was only a matter of time. It's a pretty vulnerable sort of list with no registration.

I like so many started over there before coming over to AHB, The major problem is that many many people have asked for the forum to be cleaned up or made into one that requires registration but it has always fallen on deaf ears.
Now as I read through it more people are saying there good byes because they are sick of it, then the people who stick around have a shot at them for being nasty to Grumpies. The spam is a problem but the bigger problem is the slanging matches between Grumpys loyalists and others who just want things fixed up .

Thomas is a very knowledgeable man who has always been very helpful to me for a long time but it is now impossible to get any answers from hime because people a impersonating him as well.

Love it here though so in the end I am happy , but tis sad though

Cheers
TK :( :( :(

"Forbidden
You don't have permission to access / on this server.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/1.3.27 Server at www.grumpys.com.au Port 80"

Have I ticked somebody off, or are they going to fix the problem :blink:

And if I have been banned, why didn't they ban the spammers :angry:

"Forbidden
You don't have permission to access / on this server.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/1.3.27 Server at www.grumpys.com.au Port 80"

Have I ticked somebody off, or are they going to fix the problem :blink:

Same here :( Like so many others started on that site before coming over here, I was still checking new posts once or twice a week. :unsure:

The web site appears to be offline.

I just had a quick look and they seem to be in the middle of a upgrade. Maybe this will pot an end to it all.

Sloth.

Seems to be the beginnings of a new front page up....

The recipe page is up too...

Their new forum seems to be up and now requires registration. I managed to register an account.

There you go

Someone has listened,I hope all goes well over there,I too started on Grumpys forum and learnt to brew craft beers.

Batz

wow

I have been a devoted grumpys poster for years and have been trying to weather the storm but it got too much. I have better things to do than sort through spam.

the new site looks great, i registered but it wont lot me in.

do i have to wait for a return email from them for my registration to work?

cheers and thank god for that.

Well it's now all up & running :) Long, long, overdue....

Cheers Ross

diddo
Its a fantastic forum and I've learned much from there :super:

still doesnt answer my question why i cant log in once i have registered

It said i would be sent an email but it never came.

great...... it became un usable, now i cant use it at all....

cheers

cheers

Check the junk folder on your email account,thats where mine was or your webmail spam catcher if u use one.

You keep a knockin,but ya can't cum in! :p

cheers

Try registering again with your firewall off - it may have blocked the confirmation email.

cheers Ross

Back