Trinity Beach Nth QLD - any change of getting a decent beer ?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mongey

Reaction score
so in a couple weeks me the wife and our 2 year old are going to trinity beach just north of cairns for a week

we are going to try not to rent a car to save some cash and stay local

am I any chance of getting a decent beer or am i one the XXXX

sorry that should say chance not change

There is a Dan's store in Smithfield, they have "some" decent beer or if you can get to Port Douglas, Hemingway Brewery at the Marina have great beer.

There is a Dan's store in Smithfield, they have "some" decent beer or if you can get to Port Douglas, Hemingway Brewery at the Marina have great beer.
cheers

we usually stay in Port Douglas but cant afford it this year ,so are going for the cheaper option closer to cairns

its a shame , cause last time we were there they were almost done building the brewery .looks like I'll need to get to dans for supplies

you'll almost certainly find JS 150 lashes, fat yak etc. if that doesn't tickle your fancy then take some beer with you! If you ask me, when in Rome do as the Romans do!

you'll almost certainly find JS 150 lashes, fat yak etc. if that doesn't tickle your fancy then take some beer with you! If you ask me, when in Rome do as the Romans do!
yeah

to be honest I like the full strength XXXX more than VB or New . but when I usually drink it I'm on holidays up there , so that may be a factor

Macalister Brewing, Barrier Reef Brewing and Coral Sea Brewery are all newish in Cairns

Last time I was up there visiting SWMBO's mob at Trinity there wasn't even xxxx heavy, just New.

Dan's at Smithfield is just down the road from you, there's a pub in the complex as well, might strike lucky there.

Ps, pretty good bus service to Trinity from Cairns, connecting at Smithfield. Probably the best regional bus service I've ever seen in Australia.

Last edited:
I can't even kiss the locals?!? What about beer? Any Innisfail beer tips. Anywhere that serves anything interesting, more interesting than great northern or 4x?

No sorry. Lucky to find a decent drop in the bottl-os there. The variety has gone up 50% lately though with the introduction of Iron Jack. Exactly the same as GN but comes with a different label.

In Cairns - 3 wolves has a selection of a few decent beers. Was open mic night last night and there was some great music.

No sorry. Lucky to find a decent drop in the bottl-os there. The variety has gone up 50% lately though with the introduction of Iron Jack. Exactly the same as GN but comes with a different label.

Iron Jack ? I’ve not tried it but have not heard a good word about it.

Iron Jack ? I’ve not tried it but have not heard a good word about it.
I tried it, think standard lager. I was fooled by the label once, and thought "hey maybe it'll be okay and I haven't had a standard beer in ages".
So if I recall, was very tooheys new, carlton, standard lager, slight twang to it. Not really offensive sort of, but something slightly off putting about it.

I tried it, think standard lager. I was fooled by the label once, and thought "hey maybe it'll be okay and I haven't had a standard beer in ages".
So if I recall, was very tooheys new, carlton, standard lager, slight twang to it. Not really offensive sort of, but something slightly off putting about it.

Carlton mid strength I’ve had before, didn’t mind too much as it was the beer of choice on a Who gives a fk Murray River trip with a bunch of ratbag Victorians, and topped with home made Port at 9.00 AM ain’t so bad,but Tooheys New....

Latest posts

Back