Craft beer (bars/bottle-o) in Shailer Park, QLD

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WarmerBeer

Reaction score
Going to be up in QLD next week, staying near family in Shailer Park, for 5 nights.

My understanding is I'm going to be waaaay to far away from the good bars/bottle-shops of Brisbane. Does anybody know of anywhere in the area that has a good range of beer? I will have a car, so a couple of km's is not unreasonable to go get supplies.

The in-laws we're staying with are unabashed XXXX tragics, so please don't tell me to suck it up & enjoy what I'm given.

I haven't actually been in there, but there is a massive Dan Murphys on the side of the highway in Underwood. I drive past every day on my way to work...

But maybe you googled that already....

Just head to Bacchus Brewing at Capalaba; well worth the 30 min drive.

Other than that, Dan Murphy's is your best bet. All the good bars and bottle shops are a lot closer to the CBD.

Have returned from the craft-beer wasteland of Logan & surrounds. Ended up driving down to the Dan Murphy's, as suggested.

Found they had slabs of Bitburger pils for $40 (with a DM's member card), plus found one of my long-time travelling loves, Southwark Old Stout.

easiest bottle-o with craft beer for you to get to is Greenslopes Cellars. They do growler fills too. about 20min drive each way (although it would be slow getting back during peak hour).

Hawthorne Cellars stock Pirate Life range and no I'm not addicted to it, well just a little to the IPA....

Latest posts

Back