Toucan Stout

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The one I always enjoyed was Coopers Stout & Dark kits, 500g brown sugar & both yeasts - made up to 23L.
This one can ferment like crazy and froth through the airlock, so it's best to keep the area clear of anything you don't want wet.

I played around with grains and hops in this, but the basic recipe was always the best.

This one can ferment like crazy and froth through the airlock, so it's best to keep the area clear of anything you don't want wet.
I once made a Coopers Pale Ale + Coopers Dark Ale toucan brew, 22 litres in a 30 litre fermentor, the krausen filled the entire 8 litre headspace and spewed out of my airlock like something from a horror movie. It was friggin ridiculous.

I'd hate to think what would happen now I brew in much smaller plastic jerrys. :ph34r: Time to get that blowoff tube installed.

Blowoff tube it is then, doubt SWMBO would like stout all over the place, might be pushing my luck a bit :D

Yeah it took me a fair while to clean it up, since it happened overnight and had already dried/crusted onto everything in about a 2 metre radius.

Latest posts

Back