Tooheys Keg's

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lovemybeer

Reaction score
Have for sale 1 LEGITIMATE TOOHEYS KEG and 1 Half Keg

The Tooheys Keg is LEGITIMATE which according to jayse (that had my last advert removed as he thinks it is not possible or legal to own one) - the keg was brought outright and I OWN IT LEGALLY

BEST OFFER for the kegs

thanks

... the keg was brought outright and I OWN IT LEGALLY

But did you buy it from the legal owner of the keg or have you just received stolen property ?

I would hate to see you get into trouble because you thought that you owned it.

But did you buy it from the legal owner of the keg or have you just received stolen property ?

I would hate to see you get into trouble because you thought that you owned it.

i bought it full from the supplier

If your so sure this is a legally owned keg show us some pics, if its a modern style 50litre keg with tooheys written on it in can't be.
You say you brought it from the supplier, which supplier?
I have no doubt you believe that you legally brought it but theres issues because the breweries have all said no such kegs can be sold to the public. Does it actually have tooheys written on it?

LMB,

What you bought was the beer inside the keg, not the keg itself.

If you look on the top you will find the words "This container always remains the property of Lion Nathan" or whichever brewery made the beer.

As Jayse has said it is not possible to legally own a keg imported by the Australian breweries. They have them made in Europe at a cost of $100-150 each and never sell the old ones.

But there are companies that import used kegs from overseas and these will usually have the original breweries name stamped out - plus they come with an invoice proving that you own it.

The best thing that you could do would be to take the empty keg back to where you bought the beer and ask them to return it to the rightful owner.

Thanks,

I remember reading that post about someone who had a container full of the 'cross-out' kegs available, but I can't find that thread. Does anyone know who it was, and how much they were?

:lol:

no deposit required

as bigfridge says>>>>
YOU BROUGHT THE BEER NOT THE KEG!

LMB,

What you bought was the beer inside the keg, not the keg itself.

If you look on the top you will find the words "This container always remains the property of Lion Nathan" or whichever brewery made the beer.

As Jayse has said it is not possible to legally own a keg imported by the Australian breweries. They have them made in Europe at a cost of $100-150 each and never sell the old ones.

But there are companies that import used kegs from overseas and these will usually have the original breweries name stamped out - plus they come with an invoice proving that you own it.

The best thing that you could do would be to take the empty keg back to where you bought the beer and ask them to return it to the rightful owner.

Thanks,

If you still don't believe a word we have to say please ring 131513 for lion nathan customer support

I remember reading that post about someone who had a container full of the 'cross-out' kegs available, but I can't find that thread. Does anyone know who it was, and how much they were?

I think you might be refering to NNL beer supplies
I'am not sure but I believe they only sell in bulk units.

I'd hate to rain on anyones parade, but if you have a keg marked 'Tooheys' then it still belongs to Tooheys. If you did buy direct from Thielmann/Portinox or Comet who are the only Din RS-A keg suppliers approved for Tooheys used then you must have paid at least $225 for it new??

Seriously, not trying to be a wowser but if it is stamped with any breweries name they still have ownership title. We do import and sell smaller amounts (stock depending) of kegs bought from breweries which are then 'chime pacified' and a document to transfer ownership to our UK Supplier is signed off.

The 'chime pacified' part involves stamping out of the previous owners details and signifies that it is a second hand keg.

The breweries really do take keg's seriously. anyone would when an order of 100,000 x $AUD220 is the usual amount and about 6% a year go walkabout. I once spoke to a brewer in QLD who whilst on holiday in FNQ followed a road train to the next town where the truck stopped, he went to the cop shop and reported the 3 or 4 kegs stolen that were hanging off his truck stolen and proceeded to have him charged. All the whilst his family where still in the car... most likely making a right noise.......

So sorry, as I said dont mean to be contrite, but unless 'lovemybeer' is all over the kegs when it was made we can appreciate the keg would have enjoyed its holiday I would recommend dropping it to the back of the pub and leaving quietly.....

The Tooheys Keg is LEGITIMATE which according to jayse (that had my last advert removed as he thinks it is not possible or legal to own one) - the keg was brought outright and I OWN IT LEGALLY

BEST OFFER for the kegs

thanks

I think everythings been explained here pretty well. Although we would ussually deleted these threads for the meantime we will leave it up so everyone can read the explainations on how even though you might think the keg is legal it is not.

interestingly i heard from a stainless fabricator that some guy (i have an idea who) rocked up with a couple of stolen kegs and wanted some work done on them.
The fabricator informed the guy that he'll be keeping the kegs and passing them back to the brewery, which he did.

I think you might be refering to NNL beer supplies
I'am not sure but I believe they only sell in bulk units.

NNL only ship in pallets. You can buy as many kegs off them as you wish but they'll come on a pallet. 18 kegs to the pallet if I recall, $141/keg and ~$200 transport costs for a pallet.

Not too bad a price for what you get I'd think.

BEST OFFER for the kegs

thanks

I think the lesson here is "all S/S kegs with someone else's name on them, belong to someone else". The fact that most people would have some of these is neither here nor there. Two wrongs dont make a right. Just keep paint box handy when posting brewery photos :huh:

I think people need to calm down a bit here,

The guy has made a mistake - however, all you need to do is go through the gallery and you will see he is not the only person on here with a "illegitament" keg,

So to the people telling him to return it - please get off your high horse........... <_<

Sorry for the rant, but some perspective is needed here.

I think people need to calm down a bit here,

The guy has made a mistake - however, all you need to do is go through the gallery and you will see he is not the only person on here with a "illegitament" keg,

So to the people telling him to return it - please get off your high horse...........

Sorry for the rant, but some perspective is needed here.

Nice point. ;)
But I think the fellas that run this site can't been seen to encorage this type of thing.

Steve

Nice point. ;)
But I think the fellas that run this site can't been seen to encorage this type of thing.

Steve

I agree, definately cannot sell it here, but I think that is all that needs to be said and then left at that. Mayby info via PM as opposed to giving him a flogging in the thread

I need a beer and it's only 10am......

I agree, definately cannot sell it here, but I think that is all that needs to be said and then left at that. Mayby info via PM as opposed to giving him a flogging in the thread

I need a beer and it's only 10am......

Ok to explain a couple things as to why the info was left in the public forum and not done via PM.

I did PM this thread starter when he originally had another thread the same.
As in each case when this happens I told him we don't allow it on the forum and that it isn't actually as legal as he may believe and that the thread will be deleted.
He then responded that he didn't think I knew what I was talking about (just like he did in his first post on this thread) and went ahead and posted it again here.
So we choose to leave the thread here and did not delete it because he didn't believe it was illegal so to clear the matter up I left it open so people besides myself can point out how he has been slightly mistaken.
Then all that info gathered can be kept as a public record here for all people wanting to do the same thing.

I certainly did not won't to poke fun at the guy and start a public flogging just merely have a thread open for all to read about the actuall law concerning such kegs.

It seems it was a honest misunderstanding on his behave and all is now fine.

Happy brewing
Jayse

I think the lesson here is "all S/S kegs with someone else's name on them, belong to someone else".
Except Cornelius kegs with "Property of Pepsi-Cola" stickers :ph34r:

Ok to explain a couple things as to why the info was left in the public forum and not done via PM.

I did PM this thread starter when he originally had another thread the same.
As in each case when this happens I told him we don't allow it on the forum and that it isn't actually as legal as he may believe and that the thread will be deleted.
He then responded that he didn't think I knew what I was talking about (just like he did in his first post on this thread) and went ahead and posted it again here.
So we choose to leave the thread here and did not delete it because he didn't believe it was illegal so to clear the matter up I left it open so people besides myself can point out how he has been slightly mistaken.
Then all that info gathered can be kept as a public record here for all people wanting to do the same thing.

I certainly did not won't to poke fun at the guy and start a public flogging just merely have a thread open for all to read about the actuall law concerning such kegs.

It seems it was a honest misunderstanding on his behave and all is now fine.

Happy brewing
Jayse

Thanks for that Jayse,, appreciated :beer:

Latest posts

Back