Too Soon To Keg?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brend0

Reaction score
So i brewed a batch of blonde ale last wednesday, using WLP001 california ale yeast.
I was wondering, its grand final next sunday and I would love a keg of homebrew at my BBQ. I have never been a fan of rushing a batch, the last batch I did was a belgian strong ale which I left for 6 weeks before i kegged it.

I have seen a few post re: "10 days from grain to brain", has anyone tried this before with this yeast or anything similar?
What was the outcome?

So i brewed a batch of blonde ale last wednesday, using WLP001 california ale yeast.
I was wondering, its grand final next sunday and I would love a keg of homebrew at my BBQ. I have never been a fan of rushing a batch, the last batch I did was a belgian strong ale which I left for 6 weeks before i kegged it.

I have seen a few post re: "10 days from grain to brain", has anyone tried this before with this yeast or anything similar?
What was the outcome?
Possible.
Given favourable fermenting conditions should be done by Friday, into the keg and refridgerate til Sunday, force carb Sunday and drink.
May not be the clearest beer you ever have, unless you filter, and a bit green but as you are desperate won't matter.
Forward planning is a good thing!
All this is subject to recipe of course :rolleyes:
Cheers
Nige

I usually leave mine fermenting about 12 - 14 days but I know that the FG has already been reached by day 10, that's doing ales using something like US05 at 18 -20 deg.

The extra time is mainly for clearing. Will be fine.

I also force carb at 300kpa for 24 hrs (for a normal carb level of about 2.5 -3 volumes). :beerbang:

Back