Time To Try Something Different

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timryan

Reaction score
Gday All,
So ive done 8 odd brews the last 3 or 4 have included hop boils and i was wanting to try something different everything has been ales so i would like to try something that will be refreshing and crisp for the summer ahead... I have 380 odd grams of cascade pellets, 55grams of nelson sauvin and about 15 grams of Amarillo hops left has anyone got any suggestions?

Cheers Tim

Hey,

I just made a batch of the following:

1 x Coopers Australian Pale Ale
500g DME
500g Dex
200g Maltodextrin
20g Nelson Sauvin dry hopped in fermenter
Nottingham Yeast

A very nice drop.

thanks enuun.. Ive got quite a few kits similar to this one.. i wanna try a larger or pilsner something freshing and crisp for summer..

ok ur your hops will not be in profile of a pilsner and lager.

If you want a light beer that is not too heavy go for the canadian blonde kit with some dex and your hops of choice
not a pilsner or lager but it will be a refreshing one and not too cloying

Gday All,
So ive done 8 odd brews the last 3 or 4 have included hop boils and i was wanting to try something different everything has been ales so i would like to try something that will be refreshing and crisp for the summer ahead... I have 380 odd grams of cascade pellets, 55grams of nelson sauvin and about 15 grams of Amarillo hops left has anyone got any suggestions?

Cheers Tim

I was looking for the same and recently brewed the 2 below, both light coloured and simple beers:

Thomas Coopers Bitter with 500g LDME, made a crisp finished mid strength.

Thomas Coopers Pilsner with Brew blend #20, this made a light coloured beer still crisp and dry, you can add some saaz i have as well and it has turned out good.

I also have a coopers sparking and am planning a wheat beer.

Jan

I've just finished a Canadian Blonde, with Coopers BE2, 500g LDME with amarillo and pride of ringwood hops. Just turned 4 weeks in the bottle and is tasting quite nice. Looking forward to drinking it at BBQ's etc.

Might be one worth thinking about...

Very refreshing

Back