Three vessel v Braumiester

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hooper80

Reaction score
Hey guys, need an opinion on 3 vessel compared to braumiester? Thinking the sabco or a 50lt braumiester.

Here's a previous discussion about the same thing.

Never brewed on a 3v so have zero experience with a SABCO, but had a 50l Brau for a while now.

A few points about a 50l Braumeister.
  • Single vessel = smaller footprint
  • requires 15amp power connection. (probably a drawback if you need to get that installed)
  • Automated mash settings.
  • Easy cleaning and storing.
  • Available off the shelf from multiple AU retailers. (Warranty might be an issue if you have to bring in a SABCO from o/s).
  • Pretty sure a 50l Brau would be considerably cheaper.
Probably a few more things I've missed and maybe someone with a SABCO or similar can chime in with their views.

FWIW I'm really happy with my 50l Brau.

Have had both, going back to 3v when I can afford it.

The same for me.
Don't get me wrong, the Braumeister is a great bit of kit but it does have some limitations against a 3V setup.
I've always been a little disappointed with the boil from the 50L Brau, adequate, but far from the grunt I'd like to boil at.
Grain weight limitations is a big factor for me especially when I want to do an All Grain, Single Malt, for other brewing activities.
I've gone with the 30A control panel from The Electric Brewery & will be running 3 x 120L pots when I get round to it. The 30A panel is designed for 20G batches so that will allow me to do some other forms of brewing when I need 40L of 1.080. My boil kettle & mash Tun both have 5500w elements controlled output via the PID so that should get the boil rockin.

Latest posts

Back