Thoughts and advice.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bluebrew

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I'm just chasing advice, positive or negative to make improvements to my brews. The brew I have down at the moment is :
150g crystal steeped @70c 20min
100g DDME
10g chinook 30min boil
10g cascade flame out
Coopers real ale tin
Coopers B/E 2
Made up to 25L
Us-05 yeast
OG 1038
I am dry hopping around day 5
with 20g Chinook
Ferment temp is a little rough but 4 1L frozen bottles changed daily & in a large esky keeps it around 18-20 deg
Anything I could try or improve?

Looking pretty good. Nailing temp control, proper cleanliness and hygiene, conditioning time (including cold conditioning) and possibly rehydrating yeast (I never did when I used dry but some swear by it) - all things to keep in mind but recipe looks solid, what I know of your process looks likewise.

Never tried the Coopers Real Ale kits but the math looks OK. Will be reasonably hoppy. ABV is a little low at 3.8% -ish but if thats what your going for then sweet.

Hi bud, the recipe looks great. Good work with the hops. Some tips, try using LDME in place of BE's, bit cheaper. Get a cheap fridge of gum tree and a temp control of eBay, try under reptile heaters too. Set temp and forget. Then to all grain

Thanks guys, the fridge and temp control are definitely the next step. Very keen to give AG a crack. My man cave is starting to get pretty liveable. Got 3 kegs in the fridge and a fourth keg racked and starting to get a fair collection of bottles in storage. I'm set for the apocalypse!

Have any of you guys used maple syrup in brews before?
Reason I ask is I'm drinking an IPA at the moment and I added about 100ml of maple syrup + 100ml of golden syrup, I can stop drinking it. I'll be adding it again soon..

Latest posts

Back