This Week Could Not Get Better!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Camo1234

Reaction score
Just thought I would throw this one out there!

I have now found the best way to upgrade your brewery and get permission from SWMBO for beer related activities! GET ENGAGED!

I got engaged a few weeks back and she got the bloody expensive rock and I get to spend cash on beer! Off to CB today to purchase a kegging system (with all the bells and whistles) and a Crown Urn!

And to top it off, we just booked Archive for the Engagement party!

I think this ones a keeper!

No one has told him about what's coming next right? The part where she plans HER wedding with HIS money..... didn't think so. I think we'll just let him enjoy his moment and get his kegs setup first. Drink up mate - it's only just begun. :chug:

Just thought I would throw this one out there!

I have now found the best way to upgrade your brewery and get permission from SWMBO for beer related activities! GET ENGAGED!

I got engaged a few weeks back and she got the bloody expensive rock and I get to spend cash on beer! Off to CB today to purchase a kegging system (with all the bells and whistles) and a Crown Urn!

And to top it off, we just booked Archive for the Engagement party!

I think this ones a keeper!

I think you'll need beer on tap when it comes to paying for the wedding. Bloody expensive things (speaking from experience) and this is a case where the missus really is She Who Must Be Obeyed.

All that aside, Congrats. Its a bloody exciting time. :)

No one has told him about what's coming next right? The part where she plans HER wedding with HIS money..... didn't think so. I think we'll just let him enjoy his moment and get his kegs setup first. Drink up mate - it's only just begun. :chug:

Yeah I am very well aware of that... HER wedding.... MY Engagement Party!

Mind you, I am sussing out the Wedding Venues to try and find one that at least stocks something like Coopers, Little Creatures or James Squire..... Surely there will be some venue that doesn't think that serving Crownies is special!

And I think I am close to securing permission to give Pint Glasses as the guest gifts!

Advice we were given which saved us heaps - Stay away from wedding specific shops if possible. Their mark ups are pretty crazy.
Get a photoghapher, not a "Wedding Photographer".
Go to a cake shop, not a "Wedding Cake" shop.
Go to a decoration supplier, not a "Wedding Decoration Supplier".

Also get her to find a local wedding forum. Heaps of good advice from people who have done it before & they rat out the shonky operators.
But above all, don't forget to have fun! That's what lots of couples forget on the day.

Advice we were given which saved us heaps - Stay away from wedding specific shops if possible. Their mark ups are pretty crazy.
Get a photoghapher, not a "Wedding Photographer".
Go to a cake shop, not a "Wedding Cake" shop.
Go to a decoration supplier, not a "Wedding Decoration Supplier".

Also get her to find a local wedding forum. Heaps of good advice from people who have done it before & they rat out the shonky operators.
But above all, don't forget to have fun! That's what lots of couples forget on the day.

Good advice that

Congrats Mate! Still to get married myself yet (but been engaged for 11 years :unsure: ) Remember, happy wife = happy life.

Congrats on the new keg setup too.

:icon_cheers:

Whens the engagement party mate?

Any specific beer you would like to see on tap for it?

Party is Feb 4th.... Was actually having a think about which beers would be good to have on tap.... Was thinking a nice dark lager would be great.... Don't have anything specific in mind yet... Do you work at archive?

It has been alleged...

Just give me a list and I'll see what I can do, sometimes takes months to get specific beers.....

Are you having it in next door or the main bar?

he's probably after a very specific IPA

;)

It has been alleged...

Just give me a list and I'll see what I can do, sometimes takes months to get specific beers.....

Are you having it in next door or the main bar?

Nice... We are having it in the Function Room, Next Door..... Sounds like an excuse to do some "Research" into what beer to have... What choices are there? Would it be best to see what beers are on in the main bar and request those or is it pretty much open slathor? Do you reckon you could get some VB, XXXX and XXX Gold for the drivers? :D

Yep, a keeper for sure, but you've already got permission for that too!

I can guarentee you that there will be NO XXXX, VB, Tooheys or anything even remotely similar available in Archive EVER.

All you can do is ask mate, and the worst I can say is 'I cant get it'.

If there is one specific beer you would like to see on tap, I can have a crack at sourcing it, seeing as though it is a special occasion and you are a fellow AHBer.

Back