Things to think about

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pomsaleius

Reaction score
Evening all.

Popped into TRB today and came away with a growler of their amazingly good Rauchbier. But also had a bit of a chat with Marcus. So a couple of things came out of that. The first is that the brewery are doing this: https://www.facebook.com/events/258645604297293/ and Marcus suggested we might want to have a stall. Basically just something to publicise the club, talk about homebrewing, etc. Don't think we'd be offering samples or anything, but I guess it might look good to bring some impressive looking gear along or something (I can offer an immersion chiller here, but not much else, but they look like what non-brewers think of as brewing gear at least). However if we did this we'd have to sort out some kind of rota system for manning the stall etc. Anyone up for that?

Second thing is we talked about our relationship with the brewery going forward. They definitely want to keep the association going, however I think they don't want our club to be thought of as the Thunder Road Brewery homebrew club. So when it comes to meetings at the brewery, I think the frequency they were thinking of is probably no more than 3 or 4 times a year at most. And if we occasionally plan the odd meeting at somewhere like Temple, all the better to break that perception of too close an association with the brewery.

Oh, and one more thing. Anyone planning on going to ANHC in Canberra in October? I've been to the previous 3 in Melbourne, but never as a club member before. We could potentially plan a club trip, jointly book flights, accommodation etc. Just a thought.

Have a good evening.

I could do a few hours at a Merri Mashers stall. Could bring down my brew pot, BIAB bag, some spec grain for people to chomp on and even a cube to talk about 'no chill'? And agreed on the venue thing, let's mix it up...one day we might find a permanent "home" for club meetings, then just use the brewery (and others) for tastings, brewing comps and the like. Good work as usual Kevin.

I could also hang out at the stall for a bit. I've got some pretty ghetto looking gear, don't know how impressive it would look... I have a bunch of leftover hops lying around people could have a bit of a sniff of.

Thanks for your efforts Kevin - it's good to clarify our relationship with TRB, we may hopefully find a base at the GNH or Terminus and then connect with both TRB and Temple on a semi regular basis.
I could bring a keggle for the stall (legally owned!!). People would probably identify with it as beer related.
ANHC sounds great - never been but would like to find out more.

I'll pop myself down as a maybe for the stall, sounds like a good idea. Also I was thinking that my mate does fashion design and could get us Tee's done in the future if we wanted. Just food for thought there.

Evening,
No activity in any of these forums for a while.
Anyway, Saturday is fast approaching, and it's time to get organised if we're going to have a presence at the Brunswick's Better Community Day at Thunder Road. I dropped into the brewery again today, just to clarify what we get on the day, and what we should bring, etc.
Well, we get a table basically. But we can do a lot with a table.
As well as whatever kind of kit we want to put on display, I think what would be good would be to have some printed info sheets, (maybe with a logo??) just saying who we are, what we are about, etc. It should maybe just say that the main source of info, for now, is this forum (or the Facebook group). I'm not sure whether we should start inviting everyone to the Great Northern at this stage, just in case we get overwhelmed with interest (you never know). Any volunteers for writing something appropriate?
Also, we just need maybe a clipboard with a few sheets of A4 where people can write their name and an email address. Then we can maybe contact people when we know what kinds of numbers we're dealing with (i.e. if it's very large numbers, hire a big hall first!)
The event is 11am to 9pm, but I suggest we just cover say 1pm until about 5pm (unless anyone wants to volunteer to be manning the stand for hours on end?)
So far, the people who have volunteered to do a stint are carniebrew, brouhaha, (New_guy, are you offering to man the stall, or just bring gear), and BreadMurderer. I'll do a stint too.
So any preferences for what times you want to be there? Then maybe we can work out a rota.
Also, Marcus said any gear could maybe be left at the brewery until it's convenient to collect. Failing that, my place is a couple of minutes away, so I could maybe look after stuff.
Anyway, that's all. Look forward to seeing some of you on Saturday.

Kevin Hawley said:
Evening,
No activity in any of these forums for a while.
Anyway, Saturday is fast approaching, and it's time to get organised if we're going to have a presence at the Brunswick's Better Community Day at Thunder Road. I dropped into the brewery again today, just to clarify what we get on the day, and what we should bring, etc.
Well, we get a table basically. But we can do a lot with a table.
As well as whatever kind of kit we want to put on display, I think what would be good would be to have some printed info sheets, (maybe with a logo??) just saying who we are, what we are about, etc. It should maybe just say that the main source of info, for now, is this forum (or the Facebook group). I'm not sure whether we should start inviting everyone to the Great Northern at this stage, just in case we get overwhelmed with interest (you never know). Any volunteers for writing something appropriate?
Also, we just need maybe a clipboard with a few sheets of A4 where people can write their name and an email address. Then we can maybe contact people when we know what kinds of numbers we're dealing with (i.e. if it's very large numbers, hire a big hall first!)
The event is 11am to 9pm, but I suggest we just cover say 1pm until about 5pm (unless anyone wants to volunteer to be manning the stand for hours on end?)
So far, the people who have volunteered to do a stint are carniebrew, brouhaha, (New_guy, are you offering to man the stall, or just bring gear), and BreadMurderer. I'll do a stint too.
So any preferences for what times you want to be there? Then maybe we can work out a rota.
Also, Marcus said any gear could maybe be left at the brewery until it's convenient to collect. Failing that, my place is a couple of minutes away, so I could maybe look after stuff.
Anyway, that's all. Look forward to seeing some of you on Saturday.
Happy to put my hand up for 1st hour 11am - 12
Will bring keggle and it can stay for rest of day if someone can take it home and baby sit it till I can pick it up???

Happy

Not sure if I can pop in at all as my weekends are usually pretty active. Have a good one!

I'll look to get down there around 3.30 or so if that's ok? I have a few things on in the early afternoon.

I can only do 11-12
Does this help or not needed??

Well, I can do 1pm to 2 or so. New_guy you're welcome to go along for 11, but I've got childcare duties until later.
I'm about to try to come up with something to put in a leaflet, maybe just about who we are, what we do, etc. so we've got something for people to take away. I'll try to print them tonight. Probably no more than 30 or so would be needed (if that) at a guess.
The other thing will be for something people can add their names to. New_guy, you don't have a clip board by any chance. Also, as you're likely to be the 1st there, just about to PM you. Maybe you can pick up some stuff from my place (on the same street, 2 minutes from the brewery).
then can anyone do 12 to 1? You up for that, BreadMurderer? And then from 2pm? Carniebrew and brouhaha? You want to do a later stint?
Thanks.

BreadMurderer said:
I'll be there from 11 and onwards. I'm free so it's just until I get bored. new_guy I'll team up with you from the start. :)
Meet at Kevin's at 10:45??

Latest posts

Back