Things that have been around since we where kids

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WarmBeer said:
Did you have an onion tied to your belt, as was the fashion at the time?

Well i had to get a little inventive to drag this particular thread off topic, as is the fashion of the place, and it made for a little longwindedness.

I enjoyed my stroll anyway.

ItallicIToSayGetCuntedApparentlyPunkin

tavas said:
That's only so the dog will play with ugly kids.
Steady on, I was one of those ugly kids. Luckily, I blossomed into one very ugly adult.

You and me both. Damn dog still sniggers at me.

Fascism

the great dictator.png

Also people who should have stuck to their level of competence.

johnny cab 2.jpg

johnny cab 1.jpg

Yob said:
green machines..
Oh yeah..

I was more a Big Wheel kid, and lucky enough to live in the aptly named 'hills' district.
Seldom has a piece of blow molded plastic with several moving parts given such thrills.

Not rich enough for plastic billy carts, we had to make our own three wheelers with bearings.

Holdens, Fords and Chariots (wog mobiles/valiant) not the million different cars? on offer now and they took you everywhere. You could fix them yourself not just look and wonder WTF like now

Scooters had pump up tyres and you used your foot as a brake by pressing against the back tyre of your pushy

Go the local shop with sixpence and buy an icecream and get a handful of lollies with the change

punkin said:
Not rich enough for plastic billy carts, we had to make our own three wheelers with bearings.
You leave me little choice.

http://youtu.be/Xe1a1wHxTyo

The greatest day of my life as a 10 year old was when the old lawn mower broke and I got the wheels from it to make a billycart.

Not For Horses said:
The greatest day of my life as a 10 year old was when the old lawn mower broke and I got the wheels from it to make a billycart.
Mine was the onset of puberty.
But some lawnmower wheels would have been pretty cool to.

Ducatiboy stu said:
Except the plastoc mower wheels where the centers would break
Skateboard wheels were the go.
If you could talk a mate into sharing.

Ukuleles. I had one as a lad and then moved on to guitar and mando. Seems there's been a resurgence for the little Hawaiian four stringer.

eungaibitter1 said:
Ukuleles. I had one as a lad
So you were a really early hipster?

Did you have an ironic beard as well?

Which gets me thinking - which subcultures were around when I was a kid and are still going now. Hippies are pretty much extinct. There are still kind of punks but they aren't real punks. All I can think of are goths. And surfers. And bogans (although we called them westies back then... and none of them were cashed up).

Cheers
Dave

Latest posts

Back