Things I Have Leart From Home Brewing

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Doesn't matter if you turn up with award-winning beer if it's in a 2L Coke bottle. "

Which is one reason why I own a corker, and print simple, but decent labels. If it looks nice, people will overlook hint of diacetyl, or that perhaps it's a bit estery for style. :D

"The first bite is with the eye" - Kryten, Red Dwarf

to check how much gas you have before you START brewing. Putting down a double with 15kg of grain in it and i just ran out of gas. Now its a toss up between paying $40 for gas now or waiting till tomorrow afternoon after work and pay $20 at the local hardware store. I think the brewing gods are angry so i might do it tomorrow arvo.

to check how much gas you have before you START brewing. Putting down a double with 15kg of grain in it and i just ran out of gas. Now its a toss up between paying $40 for gas now or waiting till tomorrow afternoon after work and pay $20 at the local hardware store. I think the brewing gods are angry so i might do it tomorrow arvo.

Really? Yeah I am not picking up what you're putting down.
Lets say 1 week in primary, 1 week in secondary or CC'ing and you can't get gas in that period?
Are you gassing it whilst it is fermenting?
But hey failing all of that, bulk prime ya keg and let it sit for another 4 weeks. So you can't get gas within a six week period?
Maybe I am not correctly reading what you have said.
$20 must be a 1.5kg gas bottle or so?

Malted I think he means gas for his burner

Yeah Pok that is obvious now :angry:
Yep obviously I did not read it correctly, I suspected that to be the case but couldn't stop myself.
Do I get some sort of award for being the biggest tool of the night?

PS That is why I have two propane gas bottles!

No reward mate, just the good knowledge that all forum users had a good chuckle :lol:

ps. I also have 2 gas bottles, its the only way to go.

not only did i chuckle, but some beery spittle escaped my mouth too

Some may have even exited through my nose!! ahhh time for another pint of Dr Smurto's Landlord from the keg :chug:

Two 9KG bottles is the only way to brew. The here and now and the next

Yeah Pok that is obvious now :angry:
Yep obviously I did not read it correctly, I suspected that to be the case but couldn't stop myself.
Do I get some sort of award for being the biggest tool of the night?

PS That is why I have two propane gas bottles!

If there was an award you'd already have it. It'd probably be named after you. <_<

I think i do have two gas bottles, but where is the other one?

OT....There's a guy at work who is convinced that one day Google will become self aware like skynet and take over the world. He refuses to use it. He also has four cats named after hookers hes fallen in love with and he washes his ice in soda water, so says it all really.

- That some people can make drinkable beer with cans of goo, bags of sugar and no temp. control.
- That I am not one of those people.
- That I no longer am satisfied making drinkable beer. I want to make good / great beer!

If there was an award you'd already have it. It'd probably be named after you. <_<

Ah come on punks. I haven't been as much of a serial picture pest lately and even tried to give you a few sensible answers to stuff. Carn, give us a kiss. :D

Back