Thin beer from first keg

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pallyjim

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
I've just done my first keg, an Amarillo / cascade pale ale, and I've got some mouth feel issues.

I kegged about 17 litres, and bottled 10 (330ml).

Carbed at 30 psi in the fridge for 2 days, then dropped down to 10, for about the last week.

When I've compared the keg to the bottle, the bottle is significantly better, even though the kegs always had co2 sitting on it!

The beer from the keg has poured with a fair bit of head, and I'm wondering if this has been contributing to the thinness of the mouthfeel.
I've been trying to reduce my pouring psi down to see if that impacts it. But I'm coming to you all hoping to get some advice.

Thanks guys!

I think its natural carbonation that gives a better mouth feel but experts need to clarify that. I keg but since I now pressure ferment the beer finishes naturally carbonated rather than force carbed and it seems to have nicer mouthfeel and a finer bubbled head too.

Make sure that you compare beer at the same serving temperature. A couple of degrees can make a big difference.

Latest posts

Back