Thermostat Or External Temp. Controller

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interestingly that link (the way I read it) implies that the unit is not pre-wired for you, however, I've been in the shop and was sure I saw them all wired up in a box etc.

I have bought one of their units for heating and cooling on my fermenting fridge when i was new and scared of electrical work.

Works well, havent had a problem with it.

Not the cheapest option but you simply plug it in and it works....time is money.

BlackRat

Well I just stumbled across this option, plug n play digital temp controller (heat OR cool) ... but perfect for keezer or ferment fridge... all for $13 shipped !!

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Reptile-Digital...=item231dc5b598

They also had an interesting stainless beer tap for $24 - http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Home-Brew-Beer-...=item231f3be0ec

Kinda tempted for the novelty value

Got two of these controllers they work OK but temp reading is wrong on screen
Need to adjust temp setting to compensate i think i have it set on 1'C fridge is at 5-6'C
I let them know and they sent me 2 more for free

Interestingly that link (the way I read it) implies that the unit is not pre-wired for you, however, I've been in the shop and was sure I saw them all wired up in a box etc.

Thanks for all the help guys, went a keg king 16 amp comtroller, prone in water. Temp hysterises is at +/- 2C and compressor delay 2 min. Unless anyone else has a better set of parameters I'm reasonably happy so far!

Thanks for all the help guys, went a keg king 16 amp comtroller, prone in water. Temp hysterises is at +/- 2C and compressor delay 2 min. Unless anyone else has a better set of parameters I'm reasonably happy so far!
You're allowing a variation of 4 degC in that setting, I have my temperature differential to the lowest (reasonable setting) I think its 0.5 or 0.3 degC.

quick note - i have one of the F&P 215 units that i use as a keg fridge

there is a little plastic ridge that runs around the top, where the seal sits - its like a very short collar in and of itself and you can just drill a hole through the plastic to insert the probe. 5 or 6mm IIRC and then seal up the gap with a lump of blutack. No cord to interfere with your seal, very minimal modification.

I have mine running towers and it fits 4 cornies on the floor and a small gas bottle plus bits and bobs on the compressor hump. With a collar, you'd be able to get 5 or 6 cornies in there.

23dd3044.png

5 cronies with collar Thirsty.

Btw, re that reptile heater. Experience tells me it has a built in delay. Bit more plug and play than the stc but doesn't help me much with building a HLT. Perfect for ferm fridge and freezer.

Latest posts

Back