Thermometers

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hitman

Reaction score
Just a quick one,

When talking about your common adhesive thermometer on the side of the fermenter, which temp is which?

Around the temp you are aiming for eg. 22 deg, i have 24 in brown, 23 in green and 22 in blue. Which one is the correct temp?

I believe it is the green. Thats what I use.

none of them, some sort of gauge give or take 5 deg though

After using my tempmate and also checking with a glass brewing thermometer, I have found them to be a guide only. From your readings I would use the "guide" as the one in the green. The one in the middle. Furthermore when my stick on thermometers say 20 degrees my glass thermometer and tempmate say 18 degrees C. As said use them as a guide (the stick on ones that is). Yours will most likely have a different accuracy to mine.

Cheers
Gavo.

Furthermore when my stick on thermometers say 20 degrees my glass thermometer and tempmate say 18 degrees C. As said use them as a guide (the stick on ones that is). Yours will most likely have a different accuracy to mine.
Yep, my stick-on's say about 20-24 when the glass thermometer (which I presume is much more accurate) is sitting at 18.

Back