The Wheatie Tonight

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
apologies about the snafu with the price brewers. I was having a drink with Brauluver when Jade told us about it, but my ability to use or store numbers is atrocious at the best of times. Hope the keg was drained anyway.

Wasn't until the taxi ride home after my allowed two schooners that the mouth drying bitternesss really began to hit in.

For me, the bitterness really had some kick this morning! I am NOT an expert, but agree that the beer was nicely balanced.

It was a pity that I was driving, as had to restrict myself to 3 glasses. :huh:

I didn't know the place existed, and last night I was a wheatie virgin :lol: , but I'll definitely be going back to sample a few more of the beers on tap... SOON! :beer:

Yep, popped my wheatie cherry last nighht too. Instant convert. Am already planning a wednesday night sesh there with a few mates next week. Was a little concerned about the darts whizzing past your ears Ben. One of the old-er ladies had a dodgy throwing arm..... :beerbang:

Yep, popped my wheatie cherry last nighht too. Instant convert. Am already planning a wednesday night sesh there with a few mates next week. Was a little concerned about the darts whizzing past your ears Ben. One of the old-er ladies had a dodgy throwing arm..... :beerbang:

Jeez, didn't really notice. Just as well I had my back turned - couldn't see how much danger I was in! :D

Not a bad drop, was great to see some new faces but I think I drank way more than my fair share in a short amount of time and am feeling very average today.

The finishing hops lacked a bit in the classic simcoe/amirillo character and come across somewhat grassy. The malt is somewhat like a big version of the hightail ale with some darker crystal malt flavours and so forth. Finishs quite dry with lasting bitterness and had a slight astringency from the start to finish.
Thats about all I can remember at the moment, I kept going back for more and more and more and enjoyed it quite a bit.

Latest posts

Back