The Times - They Are A Changin'

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice work Screwy!

I find similar with most of my friends who drop past also.

I try and keep a variety of beers on tap and that tends to cater for 98% of visitors.

If they dont like the beers on tap, they know where the nearest bottlo is!

Well done Screwy. It's good when visitors & friends are happy to enjoy your homebrew. It's surprising how many are impressed with the quality of the brews you can make at home.

Congratulations also on 40 years. You must have been young when you got hitched, and you're still together. Good to see.

I've still got 5 years to catch up on you before mrs warra and I hit our 40th anniversary.

Better count me in the knob category. I make Craft Brewed Beer at Home. Why do I proclaim that? You all know why, you have all offered Homebrewed Beer to your friends, neighbours, family and seen the response. I don't mix stuff up and stick it in the shed or under the house for a couple a weeks. I craft my beers and care about what I offer people, I even measure the gravity with a thingy.

Would any of you pay for a commercial beer from any small/micro/craft brewery located in someone's home that labelled it homebrew, I think not. My beers are as good as commercially Craftbrewed Beer and I will refer to them as such, therefore I am a Craft Brewer and a Knob. Maybe some home brewers have inferiority complex disorder.

Bound to stir some good debate with this gem Chap Chap :lol:

Screwy

PS: I CRAFTED THESE WORDS AT HOME

, big thumbs up to homebrew. homebrew crafbrew

Screwy

It is an amazing thing how far craftbrewing ( :ph34r: ) has come. I have noticed the attitudes of consumers have changed. When I first went to the dark side it took me a little time to find my consistency but once that happened........... I now have friends drop over and there are never any mention of "ah fark homebrew" or "whats that twang" :lol: Yes "The Times - They Are A Changin"

BYB

Good work Screwy, on the beer production skills but also on the ability to be an older chap and it not be obvious on an Internet forum. Most people I know your age would dead set struggle to check their emails.

Poor old Screwy, lets hope we don't get old like that.

screwy.jpg

Batz

Times are changing for a marriage to last 40 years! WOW!

congratulations

<_< Ya get caught with ONE XXXX Gold can in ya fridge and ya labelled for life!!! :lol:

Cmon Chap Chap I'm sure it was more than one in the fridge but the empty cases was well..................

And yes Screwy its great to have the family and freinds appreciate your brews...............sometimes they like it too much though the freeloadin............ :D

A great, and I daresay, inspiration story Screwy!

I've found that good homebrew, and microbeer for that matter, rubs off on friends quite easily.
Quite a number of my mates asked me "What've you got to drink this time Muggus?" at house parties and bbqs, because i'm always bringing along various homebrews along. And it seems alot of people are really excited and interested to try something new, different, and really enjoy good beer.
That said, I do have a few hit and misses I bring along, which i'd rather not give my mates to drink, but if it's something i'm particularly happy with I've got nothing against bringing a keg along to a party and having my mates help me finish it. I find it quite a social thing having a keg of good beer with good mates and really appreciating how good beer can be.

Well done Screwy. It's good when visitors & friends are happy to enjoy your homebrew. It's surprising how many are impressed with the quality of the brews you can make at home.

Congratulations also on 40 years. You must have been young when you got hitched, and you're still together. Good to see.

I've still got 5 years to catch up on you before mrs warra and I hit our 40th anniversary.
Not long to go for you warra. Yes married young, but then again I was very young when I was born :lol:

Poor old Screwy, lets hope we don't get old like that.

View attachment 39381

Batz

Hope we don't get get old like Tidal Pete, still, he can use a computer too :lol:

Cmon Chap Chap I'm sure it was more than one in the fridge but the empty cases was well..................

And yes Screwy its great to have the family and freinds appreciate your brews...............sometimes they like it too much though the freeloadin............ :D

Freeloaders = Good. I get to brew more beer. Only drink on one night a week these days for health reasons so unless others help out I don't get to brew very often.

Times are changing for a marriage to last 40 years! WOW!

congratulations

Thanks Katie, I learn't the rules a long time ago :lol:

Screwy

Either your beer is really good or it tastes like megaswill. Which do you think it is?

People slowly seem to be getting their head around the idea of beer having some flavour so I'll be taking a stab at option 1.

Congrats on 40 years with the one lady. I'm 11 years with mine come August. Takes a lot of work to maintain a relationship rather than give up when it all gets too hard.

I guess it's a little like a stuck sparge in that regard.

40 years, wow. don't get that long for murder :)

congrats, hope the next 40 are as good as the last.

Takes a lot of work to maintain a relationship rather than give up when it all gets too hard.

I guess it's a little like a stuck sparge in that regard.
Except that when things are getting hard in a relationship giving things a good stir isn't necessarily a good idea... ;)

And the analogy of plunging your hand in just doesn't bear thinking about :ph34r:

Except that when things are getting hard in a relationship giving things a good stir isn't necessarily a good idea...

HA!

Congrats on the milestone, Screwy.

Your story warmed the very cockles of my heart. Not one can touched! Good work.

Except that when things are getting hard in a relationship giving things a good stir isn't necessarily a good idea... ;)

And the analogy of plunging your hand in just doesn't bear thinking about :ph34r:

Glad you didnt mention blowing in the ball valve Ben

Wonder what would happen if you took the commercial beers back and said you changed your mind?

<_< Ya get caught with ONE XXXX Gold can in ya fridge and ya labelled for life!!! :lol:

Hey the XXXX Golds were a step up from the VB Raw :icon_vomit:, still nobody would flog them .

40 years hey Screwy? Well done to you both :icon_cheers: .

Congrats on the forty years Screwy,

both that and your friends knocking off the homebrew without touching the commercial stuff is something to aspire too :icon_cheers:

Did a BBQ for my team at work last year. Laid on a few cases of commercial stuff as they were always giving me stick about me brewing. First guy to turn up says "I'd better try the homebrew to be polite". He liked it and told the others as they arrrived...

End of the day the rotten sods had drained 2 of my kegs and not one commerial beer consumed.

Cheers
Dave

P.S.. 40 years! Well done that man!

Did a BBQ for my team at work last year. Laid on a few cases of commercial stuff as they were always giving me stick about me brewing. First guy to turn up says "I'd better try the homebrew to be polite". He liked it and told the others as they arrrived...

End of the day the rotten sods had drained 2 of my kegs and not one commerial beer consumed.

Cheers
Dave

P.S.. 40 years! Well done that man!

Great Stuff! gotta be chuffed about that :super:

Screwy

I'd be 98% sure that majority of the beer drinking public would choose decent homebrew over commercial brews in a blind taste test; if only we could get rid of the stigma associated with it...

Latest posts

Back